testtest

Another p320 "accidental discharge"

Hmm…in the (few) cases mentioned that had any situational description, the person seems to have been doing something ; not necessarily with the gun but they weren’t just sitting still either, with, say, the gun out of reach. Not the same as David’s post above about the Rem 700 trigger rifles…
I dunno. Would like to know more.

( Dang plastic crap !!! )

I personally I like the design of the 320, but with this ongoing issue, I don’t know, I know there was a voluntary like recall, but my opinion here, they should do a regular recall on this pistol, other manufacturers have made recalls on there guns with no ill effect, hell Springfield did one on there original XDs, it didn’t hurt the XDs’s sale at all, S&W had a recall on there Gen 1 Shield, didn’t effect there sales on it, I think Sig thinks if they do a recall it might hurt there sales, thinking customers won’t buy there product cause there was a recall.

I personally I like the design of the 320, but with this ongoing issue, I don’t know, I know there was a voluntary like recall, but my opinion here, they should do a regular recall on this pistol, other manufacturers have made recalls on there guns with no ill effect, hell Springfield did one on there original XDs, it didn’t hurt the XDs’s sale at all, S&W had a recall on there Gen 1 Shield, didn’t effect there sales on it, I think Sig thinks if they do a recall it might hurt there sales, thinking customers won’t buy there product cause there was a recall.
If there was a voluntary recall, what was it that got fixed?
(or am I misunderstanding your post)

the way "i see it", by not improving things or making any sort of recall..........i'm already not gonna touch a Sig, and will not recommend one as well.

if nearly (or all) the other polymer gun makers can have a trigger safety, so can Sig.

It needs to be more than a "trigger safety". Many pistols also have a firing pin block where the firing pin cannot move forward unless the trigger has been pulled completely to the rear.
I personally do not like the new Sig and I've owned a 220+226. I haven't pulled one apart to see how the slide looks underneath.
But something is very wrong here.

As I recall Barnie Fife had a very simple plan to assure no accidental discharge.Just keep the bullet in your pocket. Seriously there are so many things the article doesnt talk about like was the slide dropped when chambering the round. By that I mean releasing the slide with the slide stop or pulling back by hand. And I didnt see any discussion of how many rounds had been fired in these guns . What kind of care had these guns received? But like alot of you dont matter dont care cause I aint gonna get one. Just hope in the mean time no one is killed by one accidentally.

Just curious if any 320s that have undergone the voluntary recall have fired without the trigger being pulled? It seems to me a police officer that has been issued this handgun would have had the sense to check whether it has had the recall work performed and demanded to know if it has still been reported after the work.

Just read that the officer was holstering the weapon when it fired.

Last edited:
This landed on the local news here. Similar story as Grumps post, but has another female officer that got shot as well.

Somehow I seriously doubt the guns just shot themselves.
I agree and I doubt that the pistol shot by itself. There are tons of cases out there where someone did something stupid and tried to blame a product for the issue and it was later debunked.

Why the hell was this woman carrying in her pocket book in the first place considering all the crap that could be floating around in there unless it was some kinda concealed carry purse.

There should be an independent investigation into the pistol that went off by a court appointed engineering team to try and produce the same ND results to prove this was or was not the issue.

Disclaimer:
I am not a Sig fanboy as I only own a limited amount of their products.

I agree and I doubt that the pistol shot by itself. There are tons of cases out there where someone did something stupid and tried to blame a product for the issue and it was later debunked.

Why the hell was this woman carrying in her pocket book in the first place considering all the crap that could be floating around in there unless it was some kinda concealed carry purse.

There should be an independent investigation into the pistol that went off by a court appointed engineering team to try and produce the same ND results to prove this was or was not the issue.

Disclaimer:
I am not a Sig fanboy as I only own a limited amount of their products.
I don't own any.

Back