testtest

Another P320 Lawsuit

Per the Guay Complaint, one theory is the sear is tiny and even a little twisting can cause it to disengage, allowing the pistol to fire. That doesnt explain all the discharges but it does explain some.
On an earlier thread and article posted in it the sear was suspected because of its contact point being very small which allows it through vibration and/or a minor/significant bump to disengage, that is a SERIOUS design flaw and needs to be addressed.

It would be interesting to know what version is was. For something that is supposed to be "modular", why do they so many variations. When it came out, I thought it was going to be the one size fits all. It certainly wasn't.

Supposedly the version that the military uses has resolved the design deficiency...

However, there’s no warm fuzzy feeling amongst the civilian firearm owners of the 320. The upgrade from several years ago didn’t seem to be enough to prevent the issue.

I’m glad that I didn’t buy the gun despite it calling my name at the gun shop. I just pretended like I didn’t hear it.

With the record Sig has had with this pistol , I would never buy one no matter what they did to fix it nor how much testing they did to show it was completely safe.
I tend to agree... from my perspective, there are too many other good options.
Face it, the “plastic gun” field is loaded (no pun intended) these days. I own a couple and admire some of their advantages but I’ve grown suspicious of the rush to develop and market them.
That’s why I tried the 1911s for the very first time a few yrs ago (although my first handgun was Browning Hi Pwr)... Haven’t regretted it.

I would also like to know what type of holster was being used. There is sufficient anecdotal evidence to suggest that the P320 sear is susceptible to firing after exposure to vibration. Throughout my LEO career, uniformed officers carried security holsters with retention latches that have to be manually disengaged before the pistol can be un-holstered. We always began every round of qualifications with our guns "snapped-in", and had to disengage the security device during our drawstroke.

The Safariland holsters always had a reinforced retention loop that required some force to disengage and move forward. They were excellent holsters, and allowed for a smooth draw, but I assume that forcing the retention loop out of the way causes a certain amount of vibration. This has never been an issue with other firearms, but I'm worried that putting a 320 in one of these holsters increases the risk of more injuries.

I tend to agree... from my perspective, there are too many other good options.
Face it, the “plastic gun” field is loaded (no pun intended) these days. I own a couple and admire some of their advantages but I’ve grown suspicious of the rush to develop and market them.
That’s why I tried the 1911s for the very first time a few yrs ago (although my first handgun was Browning Hi Pwr)... Haven’t regretted it.
I agree with you there. I love the oldschool 1911 and pistols based on it. I've always been sceptical of striker-fired pistols. The police department in a neighboring town had a problem with Glocks going off unprompted, too. I like my XDm and I love anything HK but I still prefer an external hammer and a mechanical safety.

Supposedly the version that the military uses has resolved the design deficiency...

However, there’s no warm fuzzy feeling amongst the civilian firearm owners of the 320. The upgrade from several years ago didn’t seem to be enough to prevent the issue.

I’m glad that I didn’t buy the gun despite it calling my name at the gun shop. I just pretended like I didn’t hear it.
If memory serves, the M17 has a mechanical thumb safety. I don't know if that has any effect on the sear. Maybe?

Back