testtest

Another P320 Lawsuit

1 other company comes to mind, remington! The 700 had complaints about firing without the trigger being touched at that particular time? It is difficult to produce the exact product every time, but still no excuse!

In talking with several gunsmiths, and one that testified in the court case, the M700 issue was users spraying WD40 into the trigger area for supposed lube & F-ing with the trigger to get a lower pull-weight.

WD40 dries to a waxy film that dust. etc adhered to which then F-ed up proper function, especially when folkd F-ed with the trigger.

Plus, the bottom line of folks not checking if there was a loaded round in the chamber, and where the muzzle was pointing at.

My .02

In talking with several gunsmiths, and one that testified in the court case, the M700 issue was users spraying WD40 into the trigger area for supposed lube & F-ing with the trigger to get a lower pull-weight.

WD40 dries to a waxy film that dust. etc adhered to which then F-ed up proper function, especially when folkd F-ed with the trigger.

Plus, the bottom line of folks not checking if there was a loaded round in the chamber, and where the muzzle was pointing at.

My .02
That's almost as bad as when a driver put his Winnebago on cruise and left the driver seat! He went back for coffee and wrecked! Sued the company and won money + a new Winnebago. All the because of stupidity and the manual didn't state that you had to be seated when on cruise control? You just can't fix stupid!!!!!!!!!

My .02
Intended or not, u hit on something important there Talyn: ever notice how often there’s at least some element of ‘operator error’ or human mis-action involved in these cases?

Supposedly the version that the military uses has resolved the design deficiency...

However, there’s no warm fuzzy feeling amongst the civilian firearm owners of the 320. The upgrade from several years ago didn’t seem to be enough to prevent the issue.

I’m glad that I didn’t buy the gun despite it calling my name at the gun shop. I just pretended like I didn’t hear it.
I too almost bought one of these guns several times, but last moment passed due to this ongoing issue.

That's almost as bad as when a driver put his Winnebago on cruise and left the driver seat! He went back for coffee and wrecked! Sued the company and won money + a new Winnebago. All the because of stupidity and the manual didn't state that you had to be seated when on cruise control? You just can't fix stupid!!!!!!!!!
That story has been around for years and although very true the irony is the automobile manufacturers are almost very close to reliable driverless cars.

I knee jerk bought a p320 xcompact Rxp (the one that comes with Romeo 1 pro and suppressor sights).

Literally have not fired it given the rabbit breeding that happens in my safe, but I am about to sell it off since I need room and quite frankly I just don’t like it all that much. I thought I would. Really thought I would like the modular thing like adult legos but eh. My other edc are smaller, lighter, and almost as much capacity. Paid less than Msrp (which is good nowadays for that thing). Unfortunately it’s just not fit me. Need to figure out how to sell it now.

Remember some of story, was foreign to this country and apparently cruise control too?
He thought cruise control was equivalent to auto pilot. Was last heard.

Well... I’m glad cars are getting smarter, cause people are sure getting dumber !!
Situational Awareness has gone the way of the dinosaurs.....
I'm not aware of any awareness that I should or shouldn't be aware of that would cause any unawareness issues due too any situation that I'm aware of........ what am I typing about? Who's on first?

I don't get it. How can a firearm go off without touching the trigger or being dropped or something ? It just randomly decides on it's own to let go ?
Not a Sig, but it shows an example of a handgun needing nothing but movement to discharge.

Hi guys,

I know this is an older thread but this is new news to me. I searched the forum and found this thread and thought it would be better to add this information rather than starting a new thread.

I heard a clip on my local news this morning about the Milwaukee Police Department suing the city of Milwaukee (but not Sig?) over the troubles experienced with their latest duty weapon.

The most recent "AD" happened with a holstered firearm.

The police association threatened a lawsuit a year ago if the firearms were not replaced.

The news report from this morning said they have not had a response from Sig Sauer. It seems the Sig P320 has had issues for some time but the manufacturer has not issued a recall.

I take it none of you P320 owners have had an "AD" issue. Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back