testtest

Anti-Gun Politicians Seek to Tax Your Second Amendment

I find it curious how so many fall back on their constitutional rights and what the government and others can and cannot do based on these rights. It is hardly naïve nor ignorant of the law to suggest that executive orders can and will be used for gun control. How can anyone look at the U.S. today and not see that one by one, the Bill of Rights is being nickeled and dimed into meaningless words on paper.

We can always rely of SCOTUS to follow the Constitution. Oh sure we can. That's why we never see conservation speech squashed, right? Just a few days ago, a thread was started here on this site talking about offensive bumper stickers and signs, as in, DON'T HAVE OR USE THEM or you'll get hurt! Really? How many quietly watch as their freedom of speech is slowly, but surely eroded away? How many fall back on saying the courts will protect them these days? Not going to happen!

I'm sure a few had Trump signs/flags out this year, but my guess is far more wanted to but didn't, and why? Because people are afraid to let others know who they are voting for for FEAR of reprisals. I mentioned in a thread about a neighbor I have who works at the Springfield Armory making Saint receivers. The one that called me an "idiot" because I indicated I was voting for Trump. How many responses to my story were; "That's why I don't tell anyone who I'm voting for." How sad. How very sad.

We shut up out of fear, Fear we'll be branded or "cancelled" by the left. So much for our 1st amendment's definition of freedom of speech. It exists only for the left anymore. You dare not disagree with them.

How about freedom of religion? How many churches have caved to the new millennial morality? How many church leaders won't speak out for fear of left wing backlash and losing their tax exemptions? How many are afraid to tell others that they even go to church anymore? Freedom of religion is another right we are watching get nicked and dimed into non-existence.

2nd amendment rights? WAKE UP! The left can and WILL use EVERY possible way and even every impossible way to control or take guns away. You think what they say is just blowing smoke to their rank and file? Biden WILL use his power of executive order, one way or another, to attack the 2nd amendment. Again complacency and feeling safe because the law is on our side isn't going to cut it anymore. If Biden is sworn in come January, get ready for 4 straight years of relentless 2nd amendment assaults. We may win some of the upcoming battles, but we will, with certainty, lose some of them. Biden is the biggest 2nd amendment threat in history second only to Harris.

Forget about what Biden/Harris can and cannot do, focus rather on their words because that is what they WILL attempt to do. And you can count on them being successful because they will find new and bolder ways to demonize anyone who owns a gun.

By the way, I need no civics lesson. My first degree was in American History, 45 credits worth. I think I know pretty well how things worked in the past here the U.S. and how things trend. We are living in unprecedented times. We can no longer be reactive to constitutional erosion/threats, we must be PROACTIVE! In other words, speak out, call/write your legislators. Join the NRA and such. If we want or 2nd amendment rights preserved, we have to get off our arses.

And I never said Biden could contradict (the current) SCOTUS, not directly anyways. Can't classify AR's as NFA guns? What about AR "pistols"? A lot of AR manufacturers (including Springfield Armory) make both AR rifles and pistols and the only difference is barrel length. How many here own one of these AR pistols? By the way, if you didn't notice, on October 7, 2020, the ATF reclassified AR15 pistols that have stabilizer braces as short barreled rifles. So, if you have one and added a front hand grip, you now have an NFA weapon.

The ATF has a habit of redefining NFA guns. Who knows, maybe they'll decide a gun having a picatinny rail is an NFA weapon. They can't do that? Ha! Just watch them! If the left get's the senate which is quite possible, the NFA will certainly be amended, so where does that leave your "protected" AR's?

Given that it is probable the left will win the presidency and possibly the senate, too, I will revisit this subject when I read the news about Biden's first anti- 2nd amendment executive order. You can say that can't happen all you want, and remind you of that, after the fact.

Oh yeah, add the presidency, to the house, to the senate and that equals loading up SCOTUS. So, no contradictions with SCOTUS.

Even during his election campaign, Biden promised to sign a series of executive orders restricting Americans' access to small arms, tighten the rules for checking potential buyers and completely ban the sale of certain types of firearms and ammunition. The US Department of Justice must implement all these restrictions, so the presidential initiative will not require Congressional approval. The president himself said that the measures he proposed are just the beginning. The administration intends to seriously engage in tightening control over the circulation of weapons in the country. I think if all people were engaged in generate pay stubs online, it would be much easier for the state to monitor the turnover of weapons.

Even during his election campaign, Biden promised to sign a series of executive orders restricting Americans' access to small arms, tighten the rules for checking potential buyers and completely ban the sale of certain types of firearms and ammunition. The US Department of Justice must implement all these restrictions, so the presidential initiative will not require Congressional approval. The president himself said that the measures he proposed are just the beginning. The administration intends to seriously engage in tightening control over the circulation of weapons in the country. I think if all people were engaged in generate pay stubs online, it would be much easier for the state to monitor the turnover of weapons.
Those absolutely do require congressional approval. Even more important they require amending the constitution. The DOJ doesn't have authority to enact law, only to enforce it.

Back