testtest

Any love for the 38spl. Wadcutters?

When Nixon was president and there were so many aircraft hijackings, he ordered the military to respond before they could train civilian Sky Marshals. Many Air Force Security Police were assigned to the mission. They were armed with .38 revolvers with wadcutters under the belief the wadcutters would not over penetrate aircraft systems.

I have not shot many wadcutters, though they were the first ones I shot from a Scoutmaster's Detective Special. (He was a police sergeant.) I load a variety of bullets - cast and coated, HPs, SWCs, FMJ or plated. I usually use Titegroup or HP38?W231. For defense, I use the 158 gr Hornady swaged lead SWCHP for a version of the "FBI load." Remington used to have a 140 gr hollow softpoint with a scalloped jacket that I like in +P .38 or .357 mag loads but I haven't seen any on years.

I have not shot many wadcutters, though they were the first ones I shot from a Scoutmaster's Detective Special. (He was a police sergeant.) I load a variety of bullets - cast and coated, HPs, SWCs, FMJ or plated. I usually use Titegroup or HP38?W231. For defense, I use the 158 gr Hornady swaged lead SWCHP for a version of the "FBI load." Remington used to have a 140 gr hollow softpoint with a scalloped jacket that I like in +P .38 or .357 mag loads but I haven't seen any on years.
They make them, but I’ve never seen them in 140gr; 125 and 158gr, yes.

They make them, but I’ve never seen them in 140gr; 125 and 158gr, yes.

That looks like them but they did offer a 140 gr. I liked it as an option for higher speed than 158 gr but heavier than a 125 gr. This was many years ago.

That looks like them but they did offer a 140 gr. I liked it as an option for higher speed than 158 gr but heavier than a 125 gr. This was many years ago.
I’ll be damned.

Looks like the make them as a component, but not loaded ammo.

Back