testtest

Any plans for an XD-M® Elite 3.8″ Compact OSP in 40S&W?

Ezekiel 25:17

Operator
I was disappointed to see that Springfield decided not to include a 40S&W offering for the XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP. Given that the 1.2" wide pistol is offered in 10mm Auto (as well as 9mm and 45ACP) the capability is there. I imagine this was purely a marketing decision, but it seems silly to leave money on the table. Too, I would find it hard to believe they couldn't justify, at least, a small run in 40S&W for those of us that appreciate the cartridge in a compact offering. Is anyone aware of any Springfield product roadmaps that include a 40S&W offering for the XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP?

I was disappointed to see that Springfield decided not to include a 40S&W offering for the XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP. Given that the 1.2" wide pistol is offered in 10mm Auto (as well as 9mm and 45ACP) the capability is there. I imagine this was purely a marketing decision, but it seems silly to leave money on the table. Too, I would find it hard to believe they couldn't justify, at least, a small run in 40S&W for those of us that appreciate the cartridge in a compact offering. Is anyone aware of any Springfield product roadmaps that include a 40S&W offering for the XD-M Elite 3.8" Compact OSP?

Fewer and fewer manufacturers are making new models in .40, and many are discontinuing the caliber.

I will be very surprised that, barring a sea change in attitudes of American shooters, we see any new .40’s from Springfield.

Really, S&W is the only manufacturer putting out new model .40’s.

Fewer and fewer manufacturers are making new models in .40, and many are discontinuing the caliber.

I will be very surprised that, barring a sea change in attitudes of American shooters, we see any new .40’s from Springfield.

Really, S&W is the only manufacturer putting out new model .40’s.

Glock still produces the 22, 23 and 27 Gen 5 (If we can call the generations new).

I believe H&K also still produce new .40 versions of their pistols as well.

As a fan of .40, it does suck that it’s so hard to find .40 offerings in some platforms.

Glock still produces the 22, 23 and 27 Gen 5 (If we can call the generations new).
Well, not really new, but they do have new trigger components, redesigned firing pin lock which drastically improves the trigger pull, different type of rifling profile, removed finger grooves on frames, and went back to the single pin for the locking blocks, more durable finish which is a vast improvement over Gen 4’s, well not new, but improvements, also none of the previous Gen’s internal parts will interchange, so if you want spare parts for your Gen 5, you have to specify Gen 5 parts, only drawback I see

I believe H&K also still produce new .40 versions of their pistols as well.

As a fan of .40, it does suck that it’s so hard to find .40 offerings in some platforms.

Those aren’t new models, though…for instance, HK isn’t making a VP40sk…nor are any of the “Match” long slide VP9’s in .40.

And the Gen5 has been around for, what, 5 years at least?

Additionally, those two manufacturers have something in common (along with S&W)…law enforcement sales. Something that Springfield simply does not have in anything vaguely resembling the same degree.

Well, not really new, but they do have new trigger components, redesigned firing pin lock which drastically improves the trigger pull, different type of rifling profile, removed finger grooves on frames, and went back to the single pin for the locking blocks, more durable finish which is a vast improvement over Gen 4’s, well not new, but improvements, also none of the previous Gen’s internal parts will interchange, so if you want spare parts for your Gen 5, you have to specify Gen 5 parts, only drawback I see

My G45 and 27 gen 5 are by far my favorite Glocks I own. A lot of hate goes towards the gen 5, but I’d take a gen 5 over 3 or 4 any day. The biggest downside to the gen 5 .40 Glocks is the wider slide in my opinion.

Two local gun shops will not take a .40 in on trade. If they do and it's a huge IF, they'll give you very little for it.
Even at cheap used prices they just do not sell.

I can’t help but wonder if the popularity of the 10mm is diminishing the use of or those considering the 40SW chambered handguns, I will say that although I have
“For the most part” moved to my Elite compact 10mm as my EDC my Mod2 Sub-Compact 40 still holds a special place in my carry rotation as it conceals slightly better under some circumstances, the Galco holster I use for the Mod2 has a lot to do with the guns concealment.

All that being said I see another thread coming about whether another caliber is going away.

My G45 and 27 gen 5 are by far my favorite Glocks I own. A lot of hate goes towards the gen 5, but I’d take a gen 5 over 3 or 4 any day. The biggest downside to the gen 5 .40 Glocks is the wider slide in my opinion.

Is there a .40 version of the G45? Or of the 19X?

How about a .40 version of the 43/43x or 48?

Glock isn’t putting their newest models out in .40.

I'm a huge fan of the .40. Kind of disappointed we have not seen the .40 in the XDm Elite in a full size.

New models—that is, when they come out with a new 9mm, they make a corresponding model in .40…which they haven’t for years.

There is no .40 analog for any of the Glock4x series; not a 23X version of the 19x.

The “newest” .40 are the Gen 5’s…which have been out for years.
Well the Gen 5's came out after the X series pitsols. So why would Glock introduce the X series again after they have already produced the .40 in the Gen 5? Plus, the X series pistols were not designed for the general public. It was designed for military contract. Which explains why there is no X series in a .40 since the military requirement was the 9mm caliber. So that is why there are no X series in the .40 but yet still being produced in the Gen 5 for the models designed for the general public.

Well the Gen 5's came out after the X series pitsols. So why would Glock introduce the X series again after they have already produced the .40 in the Gen 5? Plus, the X series pistols were not designed for the general public. It was designed for military contract. Which explains why there is no X series in a .40 since the military requirement was the 9mm caliber. So that is why there are no X series in the .40 but yet still being produced in the Gen 5 for the models designed for the general public.

43X and 48X were designed for the military?

What’s the .40 version of the G45?

43X and 48X were designed for the military?

What’s the .40 version of the G45?
Why do they need a .40 of the G45?
They already produce the G22, G22 MOS, G23, and G23 MOS in the .40 caliber in which are Gen 5 pistols.
Based on the premise you claim "Fewer and fewer manufacturers are making new models in .40, and many are discontinuing the caliber."
Then why is it that Glock is not producing any Gen 5 pistols in 45ACP, .357, 10mm, or .380? Are those rounds being discontinued as well? Seems like Glock chose to produce 9mm and the .40 instead of all the other calibers, which contradicts your statement.

There can be no denying that .40 is becoming less and less popular and there aren't nearly as many models being offered as 9mm or .45 ACP.

That said, try a Performance Center Shield in .40. It's pretty dang nice. I used to have one but my wife decided she was taking it.

Back