testtest

Any thoughts on this

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
My old lock box finally 💩 itself the other day, I kept my CCW pistol in it, so I ordered this vault but at a much much better price then shown here. Any thoughts on it, I may not use the battery option and just use the key since this is not a immediate access gun for me.

I have a Hornady Rapid Safe (3 pistol capacity) on my solid oak nightstand. I use the keypad combination as I don't want anyone to find the RFID instant openers, which I didn't pair it to for enhanced security. Plugged in to AC with battery backup, it takes less than 2 seconds to open while the dog is chewing on the perp. 2 layers of mounting security along with the steel cable that came with it will make it very difficult and time consuming for a malfeasant to remove. It's well built, heavy, and I think you'll be happy with it Annihilator.

I use this and a few other rapid access safes in the house and I haven't had an issue.

So that’s where you keep this at huh…..
1628033696839.jpeg

I have the 2 gun, Gun Vault version mounted to the frame of my bed. It has four buttons on the side that are programmable and I've had it for almost ten years with no issues.
It provides easy access even in the dark with no fumbling. Should the batteries and power die, I have a key in the Big Box.
This spring, I purchased the 2 gun Hornady lock box that has a rotating combination lock and cable that is wrapped around the seat mounting hardware for my truck. It slides neatly under the seat for easy access. I am much more comfortable when forced to leave the EDC in the vehicle.

I have quite a few Hornady products and they have always been "Top Shelf".

I have the 2 gun, Gun Vault version mounted to the frame of my bed. It has four buttons on the side that are programmable and I've had it for almost ten years with no issues.
It provides easy access even in the dark with no fumbling. Should the batteries and power die, I have a key in the Big Box.
This spring, I purchased the 2 gun Hornady lock box that has a rotating combination lock and cable that is wrapped around the seat mounting hardware for my truck. It slides neatly under the seat for easy access. I am much more comfortable when forced to leave the EDC in the vehicle.

I have quite a few Hornady products and they have always been "Top Shelf".
Ik - do u have a model name or number for the under the seat Hornady? Maybe a link?
Wondering if that’d work in my car…

Ik - do u have a model name or number for the under the seat Hornady? Maybe a link?
Wondering if that’d work in my car…
I got the "XXL" size.
It holds a Ruger Wrangler and my XD-S 45 but not much else.
It slides nicely under the seat of my Dodge pickup and has a cable included.
The Ruger is the "truck gun" and stays there as standard equipment.
After all, you never know when a 22 will be needed.

Snap Safe is now a Hornady brand.

Last edited:
My old lock box finally 💩 itself the other day, I kept my CCW pistol in it, so I ordered this vault but at a much much better price then shown here. Any thoughts on it, I may not use the battery option and just use the key since this is not a immediate access gun for me.

Looks good Annie, even has a light. Light likely operates off batteries that power keypad lock though? Should work good being mountable too. Being possibly stationary and not being easily moved is sometimes half the battle with smaller lighter safes.

Since you got such a good deal on safe, may want to get two? One for bathroom if this fits? :)
RABBIT : Οκτωβρίου 2014

Back