testtest

Anyone do minimalist camping?

I went without my butler once. It was hell. He has a different employer these days.
1712707501751.gif

I am getting into it at the moment. Been getting a backpack together and have the first trip planned later this month. Going for 2 days and not taking anything to eat or drink. Gonna live totally off the land.
What area are you in ?
No water, is not a good idea. Unless you have tablets or such .
Explain your method please
There is minimalist and then there is a regard one must have for health.

I love to camp. I understand the approach. Good luck, prepare and stay safe

I am getting into it at the moment. Been getting a backpack together and have the first trip planned later this month. Going for 2 days and not taking anything to eat or drink. Gonna live totally off the land.
Seriously though, I am curious as to the why... is it sort of a spiritual or mental reboot, a get back to nature and put your feet in the dirt, a hunt and fish, a test... what is the goal? Even though you folks in Tennessee have plenty of fresh natural water in the woods, I would probably take a filter straw or fire starter of some kind these days myself. I did my first survival training in NC and Tenn and it was a great time, you couldn't pick a better spot.

I agree about some sort of water filtration system. I don't care how clean the water looks.
Guardia and other assorted issues with pretty much any standing water/stream/pond. You “ might” find a clean spring, but if not you’d be in trouble. A straw filter (or at least water purification tablets) are pretty much required (unless of course you enjoy boiling and cloth filtering water)

Used to do a lot of primitive camping, basically rifle, knife , belt ax, bed roll, knap sack eith things like corn boiler, tin plate, fire kit maybe some parched corn, or bacon if we went extravagant. Bed roll was generally one maybe two Wool blankets in cold weather. Not much else, was great fun like you slipped back in time. Haven't done it much since dad and Don passed.

Last edited:
Back