testtest

Apparently taking our guns is only the first step

ChanceMcCall

Master Class
From USA Today:

A federal agency is reportedly considering a ban on gas stoves on the heels of rising concern about harmful indoor air pollutants emitted by the appliances.

In an interview with Bloomberg, a U.S. Consumer Product Safety commissioner said gas stove usage is a “hidden hazard," which can cause health issues, including respiratory problems in children.

THE LATEST:No plans for nationwide ban of gas stoves, CPSC says following report, backlash

“Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned,” agency commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. told Bloomberg, the first major outlet to break the news. The report said the agency plans “to take action” to address the indoor pollution caused by stoves.

"To be clear, CPSC isn't coming for anyone's gas stoves," Trumka tweeted late Monday. "Regulations apply to new products. For Americans who CHOOSE to switch from gas to electric, there is support available."

Apparently they have to make sure we are fully disarmed before they can take our gas stoves, sugared soft drinks, red meat, etc.

The older with the pilot lights was and has always been a concern. The clicker type is better as in auto off if fire goes out. It does emit carbon monoxide in the room you're in, but not enough to be harmful as several homes have exhaust vents near/over the cooking surface. Geeze! How did people survive back in the day! Cost of electricity has gone up and in CA with its power grid issues or just not enough power will be worse with EV's roaming the roads! Give me fossil fuels and NG for survival!

From USA Today:

A federal agency is reportedly considering a ban on gas stoves on the heels of rising concern about harmful indoor air pollutants emitted by the appliances.

In an interview with Bloomberg, a U.S. Consumer Product Safety commissioner said gas stove usage is a “hidden hazard," which can cause health issues, including respiratory problems in children.

THE LATEST:No plans for nationwide ban of gas stoves, CPSC says following report, backlash

“Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned,” agency commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. told Bloomberg, the first major outlet to break the news. The report said the agency plans “to take action” to address the indoor pollution caused by stoves.

"To be clear, CPSC isn't coming for anyone's gas stoves," Trumka tweeted late Monday. "Regulations apply to new products. For Americans who CHOOSE to switch from gas to electric, there is support available."

Apparently they have to make sure we are fully disarmed before they can take our gas stoves, sugared soft drinks, red meat, etc.
Are they going to outlaw knives? Those are used at an alarming rate in crimes? The second most common weapon used in the commission of a homicide in the USA are knives. On average more than 1,500 people are murdered with a knife each year in the USA. What about cars in general? People die in car crashes every single day nationwide to the tune of 99 everyday the NHTSA reports. What about alcohol? Are they going to ban that? I mean drunk drivers kill 32 people every day. The annual estimated cost of crash deaths involving alcohol-impaired drivers totaled about $123.3 billion* in 2020.

Are they going to outlaw knives? Those are used at an alarming rate in crimes? The second most common weapon used in the commission of a homicide in the USA are knives. On average more than 1,500 people are murdered with a knife each year in the USA. What about cars in general? People die in car crashes every single day nationwide to the tune of 99 everyday the NHTSA reports. What about alcohol? Are they going to ban that? I mean drunk drivers kill 32 people every day. The annual estimated cost of crash deaths involving alcohol-impaired drivers totaled about $123.3 billion* in 2020.
Set everyone afoot. They will create less mischief that way.

The older with the pilot lights was and has always been a concern. The clicker type is better as in auto off if fire goes out. It does emit carbon monoxide in the room you're in, but not enough to be harmful as several homes have exhaust vents near/over the cooking surface. Geeze! How did people survive back in the day! Cost of electricity has gone up and in CA with its power grid issues or just not enough power will be worse with EV's roaming the roads! Give me fossil fuels and NG for survival!
Exactly, there is no home built that is sealed up so tight or not ventilated that anyone could be affected by the very small amount of fumes created by a gas stove during regular use.
Obviously you NEVER want to use it to heat your home but normal everyday use is fine.

They tried that back in the 20's-30's, it did not work very well.
1673784532135.gif

Quote:
In the United States from 1920 to 1933, a nationwide constitutional law prohibited the production, importation, transportation, and sale of alcoholic beverages. The alcohol industry was curtailed by a succession of state legislatures, and finally ended nationwide under the Eighteenth Amendment ... Wikipedia

Quote:
By the late 1800s, prohibition movements had sprung up across the United States, driven by religious groups who considered alcohol, specifically drunkenness, a threat to the nation. The movement reached its apex in 1919 when Congress ratified the 18th Amendment, prohibiting the manufacture, transportation and sale of intoxicating liquors. Prohibition proved difficult to enforce and failed to have the intended effect of eliminating crime and other social problems–to the contrary, it led to a rise in organized crime, as the bootlegging of alcohol became an ever-more lucrative operation. In 1933, widespread public disillusionment led Congress to ratify the 21st Amendment, which repealed Prohibition.

1673784625231.gif

Last edited:
Exactly, there is no home built that is sealed up so tight or not ventilated that anyone could be affected by the very small amount of fumes created by a gas stove during regular use.
Obviously you NEVER want to use it to heat your home but normal everyday use is fine.
Pretty clearly an attempt to bring down the gas industry. Which is ironic since people who switch to electric stoves are getting their juice from coal plants primarily.

The "Greenest" viable power source we have available to us is natural gas. And we have a S ton of it.

Take a look at the knife laws in Great Britain. You need a permit to buy kitchen knives and many knives commonly carried in the USA ends up a prison sentence there.

Doesn't look like knife laws stop knife offenses in Great Britain.

I recall reading somewhere, people with bad intent will just choose another tool. For example, as sited in the article, lack of firearms increased knife attacks. So now they're regulating knives. I didn't see any mention of chemical attacks, ie. acid or other such materials. Bludgeoning weapons, bats clubs etc. I had read where those are serious problems in the European countries.
I will say that I thought it looked promising, in that they were looking for the root cause. Lack of social interaction, drug abuse, gang intimidation etc. I guess it's hard to blame a knife.

I recall reading somewhere, people with bad intent will just choose another tool. For example, as sited in the article, lack of firearms increased knife attacks. So now they're regulating knives. I didn't see any mention of chemical attacks, ie. acid or other such materials. Bludgeoning weapons, bats clubs etc. I had read where those are serious problems in the European countries.
I will say that I thought it looked promising, in that they were looking for the root cause. Lack of social interaction, drug abuse, gang intimidation etc. I guess it's hard to blame a knife.
You have to blame the offender not the object used. And start allowing law abiding citizens to protect and defend without a prison sentence behind doing so. Again, an armed society is a polite society.

Back