testtest

AR15s and High Capacity Mags

The Ninth Circuit striking down California's mag ban pretty much sets the stage for the impotency of such moves by rabid anti-gun politicians.

I welcome them blowing their powder on such an unwinnable issue.

Repeating the 1994 ban on manufacturing ARs is more likely than a mag ban, and since it is now a common use gun that is highly unlikely too.

The Ninth Circuit striking down California's mag ban pretty much sets the stage for the impotency of such moves by rabid anti-gun politicians.

Repeating the 1994 ban on manufacturing ARs is more likely than a mag ban, and since it is now a common use gun that is highly unlikely too.

Actually the manufacturing of ARs was not banned during the 1994 AWB, but certain "evil" features were designated undesirable.

The real effect of the 1994 AWB was the banning importation of foreign types of firearms. That was one reason foreign manufacturers starting moving facilities to the US.

AR's weren’t even banned from being manufactured during the AWB, though. And you could still buy magazines of more than 30 round capacity.

I think a lot of people need to educate themselves on this stuff before they get scared of anything.

What will I do if the laws change? I will do what I have always done which is to do my best to adhere to the law. If that means that I go buy some 10 round mags, thats what I will do. I did it before during the previous unpleasantness, I guess I will do it again. Sure, it means I will likely be out some money if I must get rid of, surrender or destroy my current Hi Cap mags but it is what it is.

Actually the manufacturing of ARs was not banned during the 1994 AWB, but certain "evil" features were designated undesirable.

The real effect of the 1994 AWB was the banning importation of foreign types of firearms. That was one reason foreign manufacturers starting moving facilities to the US.
Yes, that's what I meant, thus we got AR bolt carriers etc, though the politicians certainly thought they could kill off ARs with cosmetic bans because of their ignorance of the platform. Bush Sr. did more damage to imports in 1989 than 1994 did though, that just finished it off.

You're coming off kinda strong for a first time poster maybe you should read some of the current threads & posts here and get a feel for the climate before jumping in with such a controversial topic. I'm sure if you get to know a few guys and gals here you'll see most of the members are pretty respectful and are open to discussion.

Statements like this typically put people on defense as they don't know if the person is trolling so you probably won't get the responses to your questions you are asking.

Anyway welcome to the forum!
ok, thanks. sorry. I'll try to be a good boy and not ask any controversial questions.

ok, thanks. sorry. I'll try to be a good boy and not ask any controversial questions.
Hey man I'm not trying to censor you I was just suggesting you look at the forum to get a feel for the general type of conversations here.

When you make a statement that the boogie man is going to come door to door for everyone's guns and ask how people will react it sounds like you're expecting people to say some things that wouldn't be wise to express on the internet almost like your baiting them.

Please do not take my statements out of context as I by no means condone any type censorship and I was just offering a suggestion.

Side note:
I do believe the current administration is trying to restrict our 2A rights and the people that voted them in expecting a different result by saying it can't or wont happen are the very definition of insanity.

Hey man I'm not trying to censor you I was just suggesting you look at the forum to get a feel for the general type of conversations here.

When you make a statement that the boogie man is going to come door to door for everyone's guns and ask how people will react it sounds like you're expecting people to say some things that wouldn't be wise to express on the internet almost like your baiting them.

Please do not take my statements out of context as I by no means condone any type censorship and I was just offering a suggestion.

Side note:
I do believe the current administration is trying to restrict our 2A rights and the people that voted them in expecting a different result by saying it can't or wont happen are the very definition of insanity.
"...I do believe the current administration is trying to restrict our 2A rights and the people that voted them in expecting a different result by saying it can't or wont happen are the very definition of insanity."

Ditto.

I was just wondering for those people that own AR15s with High Capacity magazines, what are they planning on doing when Biden's goons come to your door to charge you the $200 tax on each gun and mag? I personally do not own any of those. I thought about buying an AR15 but now that I know Biden wants to charge a tax for it, I am holding off on it. If we ever get a Republican in office again, doubtful, I may consider buying one.

What is a high capacity magazine for an AR ? Standard is 30.

I think asking people what they would do in the event Biden and the democrats were to succeed in their very real plan to make ARs and other common use weapons NFA guns isn't that great of an idea. I mean I don't mind as I sold all my weapons at a swap meet in Arkansas a few months back to a tall black guy with red eyes, but it might perturb gun owners. ;-)

I was just wondering for those people that own AR15s with High Capacity magazines, what are they planning on doing when Biden's goons come to your door to charge you the $200 tax on each gun and mag? I personally do not own any of those. I thought about buying an AR15 but now that I know Biden wants to charge a tax for it, I am holding off on it. If we ever get a Republican in office again, doubtful, I may consider buying one.
First they have to get it passed, then it has to pass constitutional scrutiny by the courts.

As for mags...they don’t have serial numbers. They all look alike.

First they have to get it passed, then it has to pass constitutional scrutiny by the courts.

As for mags...they don’t have serial numbers. They all look alike.
That's not exactly correct. Incr its passed, the people who dont like it have to go to SCOTUS to get it declared unconstitutional. There's no requirement for Congress to show its constitutional if it isnt challenged and if SCOTUS doesn't take up the case.

I think asking people what they would do in the event Biden and the democrats were to succeed in their very real plan to make ARs and other common use weapons NFA guns isn't that great of an idea. I mean I don't mind as I sold all my weapons at a swap meet in Arkansas a few months back to a tall black guy with red eyes, but it might perturb gun owners. ;-)
Standard issue is 30 rounds, GI's are issued seven for combat, whether or not they carry more is at their own discretion.

Tell me how you would handle this situation with a 5 round bolt gun or a 5 round shot gun .....

Those against MSR’s are clueless...

953E807B-E771-4802-8C25-6042648355A4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

In a world where laws that restrict mag capacity seem to pepper the countryside and similar versions are very likely to become federal, I guess you could say that a high capacity mag is one that has a capacity to hold more than what is commonly allowed in jurisdictions that restrict such things. In the past several decades the term has been rather synonymous with magazines that hold over 10 rounds.

Do we need to talk about "clip"?

Back