testtest

Are bayonets gear or lounge material?

cico7

Custom
501A5380-7CEA-49D3-8C7C-11031F96C201.jpeg
29F34CE2-51B7-42D1-8BCE-3325BE04B021.jpeg

I bought an M6 bayonet Needs some attention.
I bought this M6 bayonet. Do y

Though my son wants to put the Japanese bayonet on a gun and charge a hog.
I advised its not a wise idea for safety nor prob ethical

Cold Steel makes spears that many have used on feral hogs. I would not recommend them for the true Russian boars found in the Eastern Mountains of Tennessee. - I have found .22 WRM to be sufficient for hog hunting in Texas but on the Russians I have seen one hog shot three times with a 30-30* that still attacked the hunter (we were not there but heard the story and one of our group, an MD, stitched him up when we got there that night. and was still running around the next day in a very foul mood when we went out. A .444 Marlin and a very well placed shot finished him as he was charging our dogs.

* We found all three rounds in the gristle plate when we skinned him.

Cold Steel makes spears that many have used on feral hogs. I would not recommend them for the true Russian boars found in the Eastern Mountains of Tennessee. - I have found .22 WRM to be sufficient for hog hunting in Texas but on the Russians I have seen one hog shot three times with a 30-30* that still attacked the hunter (we were not there but heard the story and one of our group, an MD, stitched him up when we got there that night. and was still running around the next day in a very foul mood when we went out. A .444 Marlin and a very well placed shot finished him as he was charging our dogs.

* We found all three rounds in the gristle plate when we skinned him.
Regularly see hogs take multiple .300 BO and .308 rounds before going down if shots aren’t placed properly.

Back