testtest

Are You Carrying the Right Gun?

I love these back and forth arguments
Idk what got up McGruber's backside so badly, but dang! I'm sorry I rubbed him the wrong way. It's gotta be the whole terrorist thing (Hanz Gruber). They just don't make for jovial fellows.

I don't back down from a conflict. I stick in it.

But I regret if I came off snotty or jackassy.

The actual answer is just get an H&K in .40 and not be concerned about all this stuff. Or 9mm if you wish..
I wasn't quite sure if I was gonna go .45 or 10mm for my first handgun back at a gunshow a few years back. I decided I would focus on just seeing which guns felt best in my large hands. Afterward, I made a list of my top 5 platforms.

I rented a few guns, hoping to find a 10mm Glock 20 to try. Initially I struck out. Finally found one, but it was a Gen3 SF model with the girly-man grip. I rode up way too high on the dinky stock beavertail and got slide bite. That made me resolve to get a Gen4 and use the backstrap extensions. Got frustrated that the local ranges couldn't/wouldn't let me try a Gen4 with the extensions.

The gunshop at one indoor range offered to let me try a lot more different models though, just to see if my Goldilocks self might find handgun bliss with something else anyhow. I must have felt up 30 different guns. (I actually felt a little dirty.) The guy introduced each new model as the answer to my quest, but he just didn't seem to get it that I really meant it when I said my paws are huge, and I can't shoot a standard size grip gun well. I knew I needed a Glock or an XD with the grip modules.

And now I have both!

Part of me wants some other large 10's like a Tanfoglio or Rock Island 2011, or even a Deagle .44, just to satisfy my big mitts.

But those aren't carry guns. I think I should know when to just hold and stay.

B51BC0FE-2697-4280-A331-21E9AAE46EDD_1_201_a.jpeg

This is one of my daily carries, the .451 Detonics Magnum

I delved into the CZ world this last weekend and picked up a CZ P10C. I haven't had a chance to take it to the range yet, but, wow, it feels absolutely perfect in my mutton chop sized hands. I love the texturing on the grip, the slide feels like it's on ball bearings and it's just a really well put together firearm. Going to order some TruGlo TFX Pro fiber optic/tritium sights for it and a JM4 Tactical holster, but that's about all it needs. so far I'm very impressed with it. I think I'm going to wait until I get the new sights installed before I take it to the range. I carried it around this last weekend using one of the holster for my Taurus G3 and I had no problem concealing the P10C so it will definitely be going into the rotation.

IMG_2356.JPG

Idk what got up McGruber's backside so badly, but dang! I'm sorry I rubbed him the wrong way. It's gotta be the whole terrorist thing (Hanz Gruber). They just don't make for jovial fellows.

I don't back down from a conflict. I stick in it.

But I regret if I came off snotty or jackassy.

I wasn't quite sure if I was gonna go .45 or 10mm for my first handgun back at a gunshow a few years back. I decided I would focus on just seeing which guns felt best in my large hands. Afterward, I made a list of my top 5 platforms.

I rented a few guns, hoping to find a 10mm Glock 20 to try. Initially I struck out. Finally found one, but it was a Gen3 SF model with the girly-man grip. I rode up way too high on the dinky stock beavertail and got slide bite. That made me resolve to get a Gen4 and use the backstrap extensions. Got frustrated that the local ranges couldn't/wouldn't let me try a Gen4 with the extensions.

The gunshop at one indoor range offered to let me try a lot more different models though, just to see if my Goldilocks self might find handgun bliss with something else anyhow. I must have felt up 30 different guns. (I actually felt a little dirty.) The guy introduced each new model as the answer to my quest, but he just didn't seem to get it that I really meant it when I said my paws are huge, and I can't shoot a standard size grip gun well. I knew I needed a Glock or an XD with the grip modules.

And now I have both!

Part of me wants some other large 10's like a Tanfoglio or Rock Island 2011, or even a Deagle .44, just to satisfy my big mitts.

But those aren't carry guns. I think I should know when to just hold and stay.
While not a great carry gun I have a CZ TSO. Large gun, large grip, 20 round mag, 3lbs, 2lb trigger, and I guess since it has a safety you "could" carry it. You could not ask for a much more accurate gun. I also have a Sig Stainless Super Target 1911 with a Nils Target grip. Again difficult to conceal but I bet you would love the grip.

Back