testtest

AS designs arc fire V2 FRT not being an FRT??

Yes I have the stock buffer and an H2 rattler as well as the H3 I put in today. I have had the same results with all three buffers. The three round burst I got came after I loosened the Safety selector screw to reduce the binding on the reset lever.
 
Last edited:
Oh damn I think I figured it out. I have a high Shelf in this lower. Is this something I can fix with a dremel?
 
These are standard mil spec triggers, the rear part of the trigger is what you would need to take off. i have three or four bags of these triggers and hammers

20260923_145241[1].jpg
20260923_145257[1].jpg
20260923_145325[1].jpg
20260923_145720[1].jpg
 
Here it is. I just polished the curved part on the back of the trigger where you illustrated and put it back together. There is still binding, but it's a little better.
 

Attachments

  • Shelf pic 1.jpg
    Shelf pic 1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Shelf pic 2.jpg
    Shelf pic 2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 15
Yeah that's a higher shelf than needed. it needs cut back a little. how far will the lever go back before hitting the shelf?
 
I'll do a little more polishing tomorrow or before Monday anyway. I won't be able to test fire again till next week. Thank you for the help. I'll keep an eye on this post until I get things figured out and then post a paragraph on the steps to help the next guy.
It's a Smith and Wesson M&P15 Sport II
 
It turns out I have a semi auto bolt carrier. As usual I went on this adventure without full knowledge of what was required. I have ordered a full auto bcg and will update when I get some range time next week.
 
That is crazy, i haven't seen an AR that didn't have a FA bolt carrier in a very long time. S&W musta pulled them from years ago storage to make AR's with.
 
Success: The Arcfire V2 trigger system, it now works as advertised. Super Safe.

Here is my update and the steps that I took to get my Smith and Wesson M&P Sport II to properly run the Arcfire V2 Super Safety trigger system.
I used an H3 Tungsten Buffer with the stock buffer spring. I polished the back of the trigger mechanism as illustrated in the photos above posted by Belt Fed.
The M&P Sport II that I purchased has a "high Shelf" as shown in the Pictures above. I used a small Dremel bit to taper the shelf so that when the reset mechanism contacts it, it contacts on a flat angled surface instead of an edged surface. This allowed the reset mechanism to go far enough back that an 1/8 inch drill bit will be impossible to remove when pushing down on the reset mechanism.
Then I examined the Bolt Carrier Group and determined that the one that came with the rifle was a semi auto bolt carrier. See pictures above.
I ordered a full auto Bolt carrier group, the name doesn't matter, you choose. I cleaned and installed the Full auto BCG and went to the range.
I can't stop smiling. Be ready to spend a ton on ammo this took me right back to being a Saw Gunner in the Army.

So far I'm 180 rounds (6 full mags) in and have had two misfires.

The first was because the screws that hold the safety levers on both sides of the Arcfire came loose and allowed the cam to move. I put a drop of Thread lock Blue on each screw and tightened them. I recommend not putting threadlock on the screws until you determine the safety functions as the AS designs website advertised.
The second misfire was a bad round. Wolf Ammo. The primer compacted but did not fire the round.
No other issues.

I hope that this step-by-step explanation helps someone having the same problems.
Thank you, Belt Fed, for your patience and instructions.

Devo
 
Ah shucks, i didn't do nuffin. glad ya got it goin. they are a blast...an expensive blast. lol wait till you put one in a 300 blk, 6.8 spc, or any of the AR calibers the ammo is not cheap. get you an 7.62x39 AR and put one in it. they are more fun than the 5.56.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top