testtest

As if Florida didn't have enough things to kill you

is it possible that people from other countries found a way to use the venom either as a drug, or for some type of "home remedy" for some illnesses?

also just possible, some people have them to use as murder weapons, like maybe cartels..????

otherwise, i dunno what's wrong with some people either.

is it possible that people from other countries found a way to use the venom either as a drug, or for some type of "home remedy" for some illnesses?

also just possible, some people have them to use as murder weapons, like maybe cartels..????

otherwise, i dunno what's wrong with some people either.
The price of let's say, a puff adder is not so low that someone would use it as a murder weapon. Exotic and dangerous wildlife is big business. Humans, as a collective, are stupid AF.

Like the article said, there is no anti venom for most of those snakes here since they are not indigenous to the area.

Would be bad news for them to get away in a warm climate area and multiply like the python. that Gaboon viper is a bad snake. no anti venom and you are dead.

Like the article said, there is no anti venom for most of those snakes here since they are not indigenous to the area.

Would be bad news for them to get away in a warm climate area and multiply like the python. that Gaboon viper is a bad snake. no anti venom and you are dead.
guess it's a good thing, they may not survive long up here in New England, if they got out and roamed around. of course, i could hope that a few gang-bangers, got bit first.

We have a guy in town where I'm a Policeman who has almost a 100 highly deadly snakes. He's licensed through the state and sells the venom to be made into anti-venom. I told him point blank I will never enter his residence regardless of what's going on because I am not a fan of snakes whatsoever.

In 1980 as a detective I was assigned to work a burglary where $65,000 worth of rare endangered species snakes were stolen from a licensed breeder's serpentarium. These were constrictors, mostly juveniles, no venomous snakes involved. About 30 snakes and an Iguana.
Madagascan tree boas, yellow anacondas, and various other constrictors I do not recall.

I learned there was quite a black market in rare snakes among dopers, outlaw bikers, and various other unsavory and oddball characters.

I develeped a suspect, a 19 year old oddball who worked in a pet shop. He made the mistake of selling a snake to another pet shop and my victim ID'd the snake from unique markings. I went to the kid's mom's apartment and arrested him and brought him back to the PD for interview. We took him back into his bedroom so he could put shoes on. He confessed and told me he and a biker (long criminal record) were partners in the burglary. When I asked him where the rest of the snakes were, he said they were under his bed in pillow cases. I had been standing right next to them when I cuffed him.

We went back to the apartment to get the snakes but the kid's mom had called his partner in crime and he came and took them away. After he was arrested he told us through his lawyer he had released the snakes in a vacant section of property in the center of the city. Thete were canals and a lake on the property. None of the other snakes were ever found.

Fast forward about 17 years and I was chief of the department. One of my captains came in and told me about a citizen complaint about a slow response. She had reported seeing a snake capture and kill a dog near the canal behind her condo. It became more interesting when she said the dog was the size of a labrador retriever. Her condo was located within 100 yards of where those snakes were released 17 years before.

Why is there not a shudder emoji?
137B96A5-1217-4F07-9394-51281347F02E.gif

Back