testtest

"Assault weapons ban" not passed in RI

Old_Me

Ronin
as far as i know, the state general assembly ended around 1AM to 1:30 AM this morning (June 16th) so any updates on ALL the 2 A Bills will not be known until maybe saturday's news paper comes out. (printing deadline was missed)

but it was mentioned on the tv news minutes ago, that the "assault weapons ban" wasn't even brought up, much less voted on.

Also, no mention of the "safe storage law", meaning if someone steals a gun from our home, commits ANY crime including murder, WE go and get arrested for it and charged as well.......BS.

however, the lawmakers DID pass a Bill making, "Juneteenth" a frigging holiday........ :unsure:

so the next general assembly session, starts in January of 2024...

hopefully by then (fingers crossed) the courts would have heard the arguments on our 10 round magazine ban...which IS unconstitutional under the Bruen ruling, so one can only hope.

more information when i get it, as i am having no luck getting anything online ....

Last edited:
Rep. Matt Rosendale sent a letter. I hope more than that gets done. I did notice that Highland Creek Outfitters is for sale. 1.7m.

We should all be outraged that the IRS confiscated all the 4473s from this store. Why would the IRS need that information ? They'll give them back in a few weeks, after they've all been photocopied eh. :mad:

If there’s not a rest to the story or some other financial history of oh say a failed bank attempt in the late 2000’s I’d be surprised!!!
I think the "Rest" of the story is this.

"America’s largest online firearms and accessories mall, according to its website. The store is known for selling what Van Hoose calls “fun guns,” including AR-15’s and AK-47s."

I think the "Rest" of the story is this.

"America’s largest online firearms and accessories mall, according to its website. The store is known for selling what Van Hoose calls “fun guns,” including AR-15’s and AK-47s."

Respectfully I don’t buy it. First my background. As a retired job I work as an instructor at the largest retail gun store and indoor range in my state that has an inventory of over 4,500 firearms in the showroom alone and that’s not counting back stock and the internet side.

We also deal in suppressors and SBR and about everything else. ATF does their required checks and inventory stuff and we have zero issues. The owner is also a successful businessman in other ventures as business rentals and such as well as dealing in precious metals.

My point is as many AR’s AK’s suppressors and other “forbidden fruit” as we sell if there was a target we would be as ripe for the pickings as anyone. So while I don’t know this guy and wish him no I’ll will I will be surprised if there is t something with tax stuff coming out as the reason and it expanded from there.

Respectfully I don’t buy it. First my background. As a retired job I work as an instructor at the largest retail gun store and indoor range in my state that has an inventory of over 4,500 firearms in the showroom alone and that’s not counting back stock and the internet side.

We also deal in suppressors and SBR and about everything else. ATF does their required checks and inventory stuff and we have zero issues. The owner is also a successful businessman in other ventures as business rentals and such as well as dealing in precious metals.

My point is as many AR’s AK’s suppressors and other “forbidden fruit” as we sell if there was a target we would be as ripe for the pickings as anyone. So while I don’t know this guy and wish him no I’ll will I will be surprised if there is t something with tax stuff coming out as the reason and it expanded from there.
could also be those illegal, "straw purchases"....that caused all of this

could also be those illegal, "straw purchases"....that caused all of this

Again nothing against this guy. Just as an example of dealers that have cried victim. One in WV was almost a thousand guns unaccounted for in an audit then they (ATF IOI) gave him a grace period to account. On the re inspection there were 600 accounted for and 509 and some the 4473 was the same guy….a blind guy. Yeah nothing fishy there.

Other folks that think an FFL is east are also LEOs that sell to do workers without a 4473 or BG check or other customers and their statement is “but I know him “ yes it’s that blatant.

Amazing what you find out when you actually work in the industry and have former co workers tha transfer agencies.

But to hear the YouTube gun tubes they are all victims!

1687012315016.jpeg

I have a friend who runs a couple of LGS’s.
ATF does spot checks periodically of required paperwork, within compliance of rules/regs. He never has issues.
Usually they are there for a couple hours and off they go.
SOP for firearms stores

There has to more to it for that store have that many agents there. He prob has issues elsewhere and its all coming into a big issue.

Last edited:
So you guys think a state rep just goes out publicly and writes letters to the heads of these departments, departments we already know have been weaponized and are headed by people with instructions from "The Big Guy" to do as much as possible to close down gun dealers, without bothering to check anything out, just taking some guy's word for it ? More disturbing is that you're not flinching over the IRS taking possession of thousands of 4473s.

So we have the IRS, which has been used by Obama to target conservative groups and which has recently been heavily armed and heavily funded by Biden and the ATF, who unilaterally decided at Biden's bequest that the pistol braces you all have are now illegal and which is headed up by a well known anti-gun, failed politician. And you have the guy who owns one of the biggest gun stores in Montana, who specializes in "Assault weapons". And you default to blaming the gun dealer. Wow.

You mean your background as a federal LEO agent or??????

So you guys think a state rep just goes out publicly and writes letters to the heads of these departments, departments we already know have been weaponized and are headed by people with instructions from "The Big Guy" to do as much as possible to close down gun dealers, without bothering to check anything out, just taking some guy's word for it ? More disturbing is that you're not flinching over the IRS taking possession of thousands of 4473s.

So we have the IRS, which has been used by Obama to target conservative groups and which has recently been heavily armed and heavily funded by Biden and the ATF, who unilaterally decided at Biden's bequest that the pistol braces you all have are now illegal and which is headed up by a well known anti-gun, failed politician. And you have the guy who owns one of the biggest gun stores in Montana, who specializes in "Assault weapons". And you default to blaming the gun dealer. Wow.
I know too many LGS owners / mgrs to know that the ATF doesnt just send that kind of response unless they were doing something wrong.
ATF checks a ton of 4473’s at my buds place. Its what they do. Look for errors or blatant disregard for something on the form. ATF always has had a good relationship w my buddies. Do it right, and no issues.

This guy on the OP had to have been shady or some other issues for the feds to want all his 4473’s. They may be looking for straw purchases. Who knows. But the IRS and ATF dont play around if you decide to not play by the book.

I know too many LGS owners / mgrs to know that the ATF doesnt just send that kind of response unless they were doing something wrong.
ATF checks a ton of 4473’s at my buds place. Its what they do. Look for errors or blatant disregard for something on the form. ATF always has had a good relationship w my buddies. Do it right, and no issues.

This guy on the OP had to have been shady or some other issues for the feds to want all his 4473’s. They may be looking for straw purchases. Who knows. But the IRS and ATF dont play around if you decide to not play by the book.
So in other words you agree with my assessment above. You are assuming the ATF and IRS are on the up and up and the LGS owner is doing something wrong. So no opinion on why the IRS, NOT the ATF confiscated thousands of 4473s ?

Back