testtest

ATF new director confirmed by Senate

Here’s a better question:

If 2A rights were actually important to the Republicans, why didn’t they place a 2A friendly director of the ATF when they had the chance?

There hasn’t been a permanent director for 7 years…

If they actually cared about the 2A, instead of of using it as a reason to grub for money, they’d have done something.

If 2A rights were actually important to the Republicans, why didn’t they place a 2A friendly director of the ATF when they had the chance?

If they actually cared about the 2A, instead of of using it as a reason to grub for money, they’d have done something.

I don't think it's about money. As far as lobbying groups go the 2A orgs in general and the NRA in particular haven't spent anywhere near as much as a host of other, more "Progressive" groups.

I don't disagree with you, I just think it's more about power retention. The second they believe they can get elected while not supporting gun rights they will.

Abolishing the ATF would have been a better route but I agree

Exactly. It’s a politician(s) problem not a party problem.

Take a moment and look at all the other Big Joey appointments made and eventually confirmed.
You have to wonder who was slated for #3, 4, and 5.
Just what the bureaucracy needs…another “lawyer”.

What’s the criteria to get on one of BigJoey’s nominee lists? Is there a multiple choice Q&A and essay portion of the application in order to go on to the interview stage? Or is this entire process just vetted by the word and nod of career swampers? Seems 44 and his past regime struck accord with puddin’head again.

The cause for concern is the who, the what and the where and the political opposition agenda ATF will adopt, and which infractions they are going to selectively prosecute comes to mind. I expect he’s been instructed to come out swinging and make is mark in history quite soon. The Admin latest retribution is Not focused on the violent feral criminal prosecutions that’s too divisive, but looking to disrupt and shutter commercial manufacturing, distribution, retailers and FFL‘s.

So which committee member asked him for the definition of what is an ‘assault weapon’ ?

As with the previously appointed confirmations, this disorganized, inept, calamity of an Admin had caused plenty of havoc in a matter of weeks after Jan 2020 and the damage continues on after these past 18 months. No good can come from this meathead - you’re choice since there’s plenty to pick from.

Back