testtest

ATF Says a Quarter Million Guns Registered Under Pistol-Brace Ban

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Only a fraction of the gun braces affected by the ATF’s new rule were registered with the agency during the four-month grace period that ended this last week.

ATF Says a Quarter Million Guns Registered Under Pistol-Brace Ban

DSC01508-2-768x512.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting to read that SAF members are also current exempt from potential charges with their recent court decision. As a member of SAF (Lifetime), FPC (annual) and GOA (Annual), I can only hope the NRA is successful in their Eight Circuit court decision since I'm also a NRA Lifetime member. I also don't trust the ATF and their numbers since they (in my opinion) underestimate the amount of pistol braces that exist, which I think is a much higher amount.

"However, millions of gun owners don’t have to worry about that for the time being because of recent injunctions issued by a collection of federal judges. A Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals panel issued an injunction just days before the end of the grace period that blocks the ATF from enforcing its rule against Firearms Policy Coalition members or Maxim Defense customers. A second judge in the same circuit followed up by issuing one for Second Amendment Foundation members. A third did the same for Gun Owners of America members."

"That protects many who may have decided not to register or turn in their guns, but it leaves potentially millions more at risk of prosecution. Other suits against the rule outside the Fifth Circuit, such as the one filed in the Eighth Circuit by the National Rifle Association, have yet to see a ruling."

"the ATF estimated that three to seven million devices exist. However, the Congressional Research Service puts the number much higher at somewhere between 10 and 40 million."

Interesting to read that SAF members are also current exempt from potential charges with their recent court decision. As a member of SAF (Lifetime), FPC (annual) and GOA (Annual), I can only hope the NRA is successful in their Eight Circuit court decision since I'm also a NRA Lifetime member. I also don't trust the ATF and their numbers since they (in my opinion) underestimate the amount of pistol braces that exist, which I think is a much higher amount.

"However, millions of gun owners don’t have to worry about that for the time being because of recent injunctions issued by a collection of federal judges. A Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals panel issued an injunction just days before the end of the grace period that blocks the ATF from enforcing its rule against Firearms Policy Coalition members or Maxim Defense customers. A second judge in the same circuit followed up by issuing one for Second Amendment Foundation members. A third did the same for Gun Owners of America members."

"That protects many who may have decided not to register or turn in their guns, but it leaves potentially millions more at risk of prosecution. Other suits against the rule outside the Fifth Circuit, such as the one filed in the Eighth Circuit by the National Rifle Association, have yet to see a ruling."

"the ATF estimated that three to seven million devices exist. However, the Congressional Research Service puts the number much higher at somewhere between 10 and 40 million."
Seriously, I don’t trust anything this administration says or does when it comes to ATF, hopefully this will get back to the way it was before certain parties got involved.

Back