testtest

Atlanta Arms

gordon

Alpha
Anyone have comment on Atlanta Arms 9mm FMJ 115gr ammo ? Purchased two boxes and had a nasty jam after shooting about six rounds. With a lot of help from a very knowledgeable friend we were finally able to get the slide freed up and round ejected. On examining the round and others in the same box , some rounds seated very easily into the barrel (which we had removed for this experiment)by just dropping them into the barrel and others had to forcibly be pushed into the barrel.So we could see the offending round did not enter the barrel without significant force.

Appears as though their quality control leaves a lot to be desired. I am not aware (don't think they are) reloads as I was not told so by the gunshot where they were purchased.

Thanks, Gordon

Would it be advisable the next time I break down the RO to try to drop each round into the breach and se which was do not easily seat and discard those as they may result in another lockup ?

Would it be advisable the next time I break down the RO to try to drop each round into the breach and se which was do not easily seat and discard those as they may result in another lockup ?

instead of that, just order an ammo chamber checker, much easer and faster

I’ve shot and heard good things with Atlanta Arms Ammo. Was it the Reman Ammo or factory loaded/new ammo? I know some competition guys who don’t reload that shoot their ammo.

I’ve shot and heard good things with Atlanta Arms Ammo. Was it the Reman Ammo or factory loaded/new ammo? I know some competition guys who don’t reload that shoot their ammo.
I would think it should say on the box
“Somewhere” probably in fine print,
New, reman or reload. My thoughts.

All it states on the box is ATLANTA Arms Select

All it states on the box is ATLANTA Arms Select

Shouldn’t be Reman then. Not saying you wouldn’t have issues with this ammo as with mass produced (Winchester or Remington) for example you can have issues, but Atlanta Arms is usually good stuff.

Back