Awww Hell(ion) . New rifle

When it comes to bullpups....

1661912312468.png

Perfection in Simplicity
1661912834233.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sort of like a good nitroed micro-brew with a tomato juice chaser? o_O

If I was going to get another bullpup it would be a Desert Tech MDRX in 6.5 CM, with a spare .308 barrel.

View attachment 30294

Yeah, well most micro brews go out of biz because their beers suck 💩💩 because they think they know how to brew beer 🙂🙂

Added another Springfield rifle to the Stable.

Pulled the trigger on a sale. $1774
I needed to finally have it to go with my AUG.
Bit the bullet.

Good weight
Good balance
Suppressor ready and ambi ejection port ability for my Southpaw 😎

Makes my modern collection of SA rifles complete. I Dont want an ATC or Waypoint

M1A
Hellion
Saint Victor 5.56
Saint Victor .308

View attachment 30287View attachment 30288
I too bought a Hellion last Thursday. Took it to the range on Friday. I just put a red dot I had laying around on to go to the range on Friday. It handled great and shot beautiful with 3 different ammos.

With the 4.5" sight height I still have to move out my zero distance to flatten out the trajectory some. I'll worry about that after I decide what scope I want to put on it.

I did notice the butt stock wouldn't collapse to the last position. I looked in the manual pages 38- 39 and saw it was simple to remove the Buttstock limiter pin (137) to separate the buttstock (19) from the carrier (20). Inside I found the butt stock spring (138) had a slight bend to it causing it to catch on the side of the cylinder it is supposed to collapse inside of. The spring was malleable enough to straighten, put the buttstock back together and it collapses all the way now.

Have fun with your Hellion!

I too bought a Hellion last Thursday. Took it to the range on Friday. I just put a red dot I had laying around on to go to the range on Friday. It handled great and shot beautiful with 3 different ammos.

With the 4.5" sight height I still have to move out my zero distance to flatten out the trajectory some. I'll worry about that after I decide what scope I want to put on it.

I did notice the butt stock wouldn't collapse to the last position. I looked in the manual pages 38- 39 and saw it was simple to remove the Buttstock limiter pin (137) to separate the buttstock (19) from the carrier (20). Inside I found the butt stock spring (138) had a slight bend to it causing it to catch on the side of the cylinder it is supposed to collapse inside of. The spring was malleable enough to straighten, put the buttstock back together and it collapses all the way now.

Have fun with your Hellion!
Thanks for the heads up 👍
Looking forward to shooting it.
Probably wont happen ti next week. ☹️

Congrats on your rifle 🕺

I picked one up a few months ago and I’m quite impressed with it. I’m just running iron sights right now but it seems to be pretty accurate at 100yds. The recoil and sound give the impression that’s chambered in something stronger. Trigger pull is long but then you hit a wall and it’s easy to pull through and the reset is short. I really like it.

I picked one up a few months ago and I’m quite impressed with it. I’m just running iron sights right now but it seems to be pretty accurate at 100yds. The recoil and sound give the impression that’s chambered in something stronger. Trigger pull is long but then you hit a wall and it’s easy to pull through and the reset is short. I really like it.
Bullpup triggers suck, period.
My Styer trigger is horrid as well.
Just the bullpup way

Bullpup triggers suck, period.
My Styer trigger is horrid as well.
Just the bullpup way
There's no mechanical reason why it has to be the way though is there? Or is it like Strikers. There are good ones and bad ones, but none of them are quite like a nicely tuned 1911 trigger ?

Not many bullpup rifles do it for me. I have a couple bullpup shotguns. Not a massive fan of them, but at least mine don't have the box fed external mags. Never met one of those that didn't suck.

Back