testtest

Ayoob: Springfield Echelon Review

One example of what? With all due respect, Bob, you're the one making assertions and allegations of various sorts. I'm just sitting here with my popcorn. Or feel free to give the name(s) of the source(s) of your legal advice. Maybe you've gotten better legal advice than I have. I'm willing to listen. ;)
Maybe you should elaborate on your eye roll ?

And I almost guarantee I got better legal advice than you. Especially if you get your legal advice from an insurance company.

While I can understand where Ayoob is coming from and respect his experience. I do think you could justify a modified trigger. You are responsible for every round fired and the placement of those rounds, thus a modified trigger was installed to improve accuracy. I would like to think this is a pretty reasonable defense. Granted I am not a lawyer hell bent on prosecuting someone for protecting themself.

Although if you were to be involved in a shooting, and your defense was “the gun just went off” then I could see a modified trigger being a liability. That seems like a poor defense in general.

Although personally, running stock triggers on my EDC and HD guns. This is why the xdm with 3lb PRP trigger now sits in the safe and comes out for range days :). Hopefully soon for some competition shootings if I ever get more free time. Currently choose to spend my free time with my kiddos Cept for a range day once a month and hunting season of course.
I’d like to see one single example of a Prosecutor having a gun in examined for pull weight in a defensive shooting case involving civilians. I’ll give you a hint. There are none. In fact the only ones Mas or anyone else has ever trotted out regarding modified guns at all involve cops.

ooops didnt mean to open a bee hive
i was just putting out what he had said. He has tons of knowledge i was just passing it on

i have never changed trigger pull force, although i have looked at it.

i figure like many here, if the deal goes down, last thing i would say is my trigger is less than stock.
i think the be respectful and STFU after the event is best way to look at it and deal with a dickweed prosecutor with an attorney if it gets to that point.

Great review, all spot on. I purchased my Echelon back in Sept. 2023 and have been very pleased with my purchase, it is now my fourth Springfield pistol, and holds true to Springfields quality and desire to produce top of the line firearms. Another great piece for Springfield.
What holster(s) are you running? I think my corporate bonus may be earmarked for an Echelon. I feel my defenses crumbling under the onslaught of these "it's great" reviews, articles, and 1,000-round tests. 😂 If so, it will be my fifth Springfield pistol - three of which I still own (sorry, Hellcat).

It's been my experience that ninety % of attorneys are shysters, regardless of their particular forte; a necessary evil, at best.
I heard someone--might have even been an attorney--say that the JD degree is really "a hunting license for Big Money." :oops:

i think the be respectful and STFU after the event is best way to look at it and deal with a dickweed prosecutor with an attorney if it gets to that point.
You are correct, sir.

The key word here is respectful. Spoiler Alert: Just saying "I'm not saying a word until my attorney gets here" will NOT be interpreted as "respectful" by anyone in The System, from the Responding Officer(s) to the Judge who hears this repeated to The Jury. Does this sound like something an innocent, justified defender would say, or something a criminal who's used to slithering his way through The System would say? But hey, if anyone wants to play it that way, I'll wait for them here. ;)

Arthritis in finger joints makes a lighter trigger pull necessary as one has issue pulling the stock trigger , thus the modifications. 😉😉
Yes! Past few years my finger joints and wrist hurt like heck, from RA, I have adapted my daily routines to get around such, but shooting of which I really like as a hobby, I will adjust the mechanics of the firearm accordingly, I had to sell most of my off road motorcycles because of this crap. (But I WILL not sell my 82 RM 465)

Yes! Past few years my finger joints and wrist hurt like heck, from RA, I have adapted my daily routines to get around such, but shooting of which I really like as a hobby, I will adjust the mechanics of the firearm accordingly, I had to sell most of my off road motorcycles because of this crap. (But I WILL not sell my 82 RM 465)
My situation isn't far from yours. Main problem is old finally hit me in the a** Sold my Harley about three years ago, couldn't pick it up. Sold my Can-Am three-wheeler 6 months ago. Sure wish you good luck.

Has anyone actually gotten in trouble for trigger mods (excepting accodential discharge) or is it just another paranoid delusion?
All I know when I worked at my sheriff dept, and CCW just started in Ohio, our county prosecutor, who was a gun guy, told us not to modify anything on your CCW gun, that’s all I know, take it with a grain of salt, I never do anything to any of my carry guns, bought stock, carried stock

I checked out the Echelon when it first came out & it's very nice.

However, SA could have specified that HS Produkt design the pistol to use 9mm XDm magazines.

That is the deal killer for me, since I've already invested a good supply of magazines for the XDm 9mm platform.

My .02

Back