testtest

Ayoob’s SHTF .308

That's got nothing to do with this part:

And it gets even worse. Jus' sayin'.... ;)

Hey, I still enjoy the music and movies of artists whose personal and political views make me want to vomit. I ain't buying any more of it, but I'm not burning my stuff I already bought years ago, either. ;)

Well, I still stand by my statement. The people who founded Mistsubishi made weapons for the Emperor. People still buy Volkswagons and other German cars.

Will I continue to buy HKs. Yes. Yes I will. I will also continue to buy IWI.

Well, I still stand by my statement. The people who founded Mistsubishi made weapons for the Emperor. People still buy Volkswagons and other German cars.

Will I continue to buy HKs. Yes. Yes I will. I will also continue to buy IWI.
I got no problem with that. I've got no problem with Hans buying them. But remember a few weeks ago, he was talking about his .22 PPK--a VERY desirable little gun, BTW (I have one) and freaking out that it might have been used by a Nazi concentration camp unit. His freaking out was so severe that he didn't want to sell it, because he didn't even want to deal with someone else who would want to own it (if I remember the situation correctly, and I believe I do). Now THAT is a level of freakout I just don't understand. (You might recall that I suggested he could donate it to the Holocaust Museum or some other appropriate institution. Hey, I TRIED very hard to be helpful.) ;)

Were you aware that The Trumpet is a tentacle of the Church of God and the gist of this article is a conspiracy theory about the Nazis returning to start WWIII, as prophesied in the bible ?

You sent me down the rabbit hole brother. This also led me to articles attacking John Olin, the Koch Brothers and several other globalist billionaires as right wingers bent on extremism and furthering nazi ideals and power.

I got no problem with that. I've got no problem with Hans buying them. But remember a few weeks ago, he was talking about his .22 PPK--a VERY desirable little gun, BTW (I have one) and freaking out that it might have been used by a Nazi concentration camp unit. His freaking out was so severe that he didn't want to sell it, because he didn't even want to deal with someone else who would want to own it (if I remember the situation correctly, and I believe I do). Now THAT is a level of freakout I just don't understand. (You might recall that I suggested he could donate it to the Holocaust Museum or some other appropriate institution. Hey, I TRIED very hard to be helpful.) ;)
Well people have their lines they will or won't cross. I don't know how I would feel about an actual Nazi object either. It's different than buying products from a company that wasn't even in existence while Hitler was alive or even companies that did work and support nazis, like Bayer, Daimler, Volkswagon, etc. I mean holding an object or owning and shooting one that might have been used to murder jews would creep me the F out.

Were you aware that The Trumpet is a tentacle of the Church of God and the gist of this article is a conspiracy theory about the Nazis returning to start WWIII, as prophesied in the bible ?

You sent me down the rabbit hole brother. This also led me to articles attacking John Olin, the Koch Brothers and several other globalist billionaires as right wingers bent on extremism and furthering nazi ideals and power.
Frankly, I figured as much. Might be something to it, might not, these days, who knows? And none of that changes the fact--correction, I should say allegation--that Heckler was a Nazi back in the day, if it's true. So far I've seen no credible evidence otherwise--not even a denial. I don't know one way or the other. I wasn't there.

Enjoy your HKs if you like 'em. Shoot 'em in good health. ;)

Well people have their lines they will or won't cross. I don't know how I would feel about an actual Nazi object either. It's different than buying products from a company that wasn't even in existence while Hitler was alive or even companies that did work and support nazis, like Bayer, Daimler, Volkswagon, etc. I mean holding an object or owning and shooting one that might have been used to murder jews would creep me the F out.
Point taken.

I have personal knowledge (I've seen and handled it) of a P.38 that was owned by a longtime family friend whose brother brought it home from WWII. He eventually killed himself with it (he had a horrible terminal disease). Decades later, I got in a casual conversation with a complete stranger at a gun show, who told me about a new P.38 he'd just acquired. As he told the alleged story of his new gun, I realized that I KNEW that story exactly! :eek: I don't know if I could own that gun--but then, I actually knew the man involved, and my new gun show friend didn't. :confused:

Frankly, I figured as much. Might be something to it, might not, these days, who knows? And none of that changes the fact--correction, I should say allegation--that Heckler was a Nazi back in the day, if it's true. So far I've seen no credible evidence otherwise--not even a denial. I don't know one way or the other. I wasn't there.

Enjoy your HKs if you like 'em. Shoot 'em in good health. ;)

Well, I have no doubt many Germans were nazis even though they claimed otherwise come 1945. The first landlord I ever had was an old German guy named Leo Weber and he told me that Hitler didn't kill all the jews, he sent trains around to pick up the bodies of dead jews killed by the German people. The same thing happened in Poland. And after the war when some of those Jewish poles returned to reclaim their homes, they found them occupied by their former neighbors who basically told them to pound sand. And decades later when some of these people ( for instance Geddy Lee's mother) came back to her small hometown in Poland she was basically shunned.

It's also true that even if Heckler had wanted to resist the nazis he wouldn't have been able to. Whether or not he believed in the Nazi cause I don't know, but I do know that if he wanted to make a living he damn well had to appear to.

At this point if we are going to punish H&K over actions their founder took before the formation of the country then we pretty much need to punish the entire country of Germany.

Bassbob, I just want to say that this has been an interesting conversation, and I wish you a very Merry and Blessed Christmas, old friend. ;)

Bassbob, I just want to say that this has been an interesting conversation. ;)
Absolutely got a little deep tonight.

I’ll take my HK91/PTR91’s over the M1A all day…
And twice on Sunday!

So on the illegals spilling in mass across the border.
I work with Mexican born now a legal U.S. citizens. He's one of the most conservative people I know. He has a very severe distaste for the illegals coming across in mass. He thinks they should all be rounded up and shipped back. He's also on board with our military invading the entire border area and setting up shop to stop all of it. As he put it the Mexican government is in this up to their eyeballs and most likely profiting from it in some way.
Jaun did it the right way and said it took him 8 yrs. he and his family love the USA and their citizenship. Worked two jobs to put himself through college, got a trade, paid off his school loans. Feel that all these "low lifes" that are now stealing from him and his family and those who went to school and took out loans yet now want the Biden regime to wipe it all away should be made to pay it all back.

I tend to agree that there has to be a large amount of the Mexican government along with Cartel working together to get these 100's of thousands of people to our border.

My sub MOA SHTF Socom length semi auto M14 is built on a forged Chinese M14/S receiver with a sexy heel stamp, I tend to buy these Chinese rifles when I find them.
Mine's a Polytech "M-14S" (that's literally what's stamped on it) with a TRW bolt and a "lived-in" USGI walnut stock.

1703515109011.jpeg

I'll stick with my Tikka Lightweight Stainless in .308.

But I'm seriously thinking about a CZ 600 Trail in 7.62x39

Last edited:
VERY VERY cool, and a HELLA COOL S/N besides! I am envious! :love:

AND yours has the TRW bolt, too--best of everything! ;)

You made me go re-check my markings. I have nothing on the heel; the side stamping is POLYTECH (one word) and M-14S (hypen but no slash) and the SN is 090XX.

Also, is that a USGI plastic stock? I have one of those, too (also at least one birch), but I really like the way it looks and feels in that old, dinged, unrestored USGI walnut one. I don't plan to EVER refinish it.

Plastic stock:

1703534715572.jpeg

I managed to convince my hunting partner to part with a M1A scout back in the 1970's for a price that was large back then but way cheap compared to now. It's now configured to my liking with the addition of a ten round magazine for prone shooting and a drum( heavy weight ) magazine for kneeling/standing. I also added a Burris red dot scope since it fits the area that I live in. My partner and I did a lot of tests on abandoned vehicles in the Mojave desert with various bullets and fire arms with the 7.62x51 ( .308) being a top contender. It is a shame that the military never went to a general issue scout as I would have loved to have one back in my jungle days!

Back