testtest

Bait and Switch

MsMelissa

Operator
Founding Member
I’m getting a little frustrated with the current marketplace for ammo and guns. Without identifying individual companies or sites, I’ve been burned twice lately by putting an item in “the cart” and no indication that it’s out or on back order, then “paying” and finding out it’s on backorder. I have an Ammo order that I placed on 9/05 that originally showed immediate delivery when I placed it and as of this morning it showed 11/01 for delivery. I hope these companies enjoy placing everyone over a barrel now, because it won’t be this way forever. The pendulum swings back and forth. You would think companies would be trying to establish good relationships with all of these new gun buyers and old clients. That doesn’t seem to be the case, though.

Sorry to hear that. I'm wary & avoid vendors that don't show whether their items are in stock.

I'm only doing business with those that do & how much they have in stock.

Hope your orders are processed and delivered as soon as possible.

I've only been at this about 6 months, but already I've gotten wise to quite a lot of companies pulling this kind of crap. You're right, when things loosen up and we are spoiled for choice again there's going to be payback. Perhaps we should start a sticky of the companies who have provided consistently good service and deserve our business.

Sorry to hear this. Pricing is high, deliveries delayed etc. Greed is taking over and it seems to be all about the $$$'s these days. I can not get ammo shipped to my state so I am locked into buying from LGS and they are all out due to the high demand for ammo. Hope your orders get processed soon.

I’m sorry to hear about your ammo order MsMelissa. Not ammo related, but I ordered a Sig Romeo Zero 6 moa optic early February 2020 from Optics Planet, only to find it was on back order. To make matters worse, they issued the same optic for a Memorial Day sale for a cheaper price saying they had plenty in stock. Since I hadn’t received mine yet, I called whether I should cancel & reorder, or would they give me the cheaper price & ship it to me. They said they’d give me the cheaper price but it was on back order again. I finally received it late this past August for the sale price. Fortunately, OP doesn’t charge your CC until product ships.

Sorry to hear this. Pricing is high, deliveries delayed etc. Greed is taking over and it seems to be all about the $$$'s these days. I can not get ammo shipped to my state so I am locked into buying from LGS and they are all out due to the high demand for ammo. Hope your orders get processed soon.
It's not just your state Keith, most LGS's and even most I-net sales are out of stock except for common long gun hunting ammo. The few that do have any hand gun ammo inventory are charging an arm and a leg for whatever they've got on hand. I've seen 9mm's advertised for well over a $1 per round. I'm thinking the highest I've seen for quality ammo was about $1.30 round. Not many can afford to shoot too much at that price. Hang on, things will eventually get better.

It's not just your state Keith, most LGS's and even most I-net sales are out of stock except for common long gun hunting ammo. The few that do have any hand gun ammo inventory are charging an arm and a leg for whatever they've got on hand. I've seen 9mm's advertised for well over a $1 per round. I'm thinking the highest I've seen for quality ammo was about $1.30 round. Not many can afford to shoot too much at that price. Hang on, things will eventually get better.

I hope so and soon. It is very hard to go shooting when you can even replace what you shot. Things will get better, just takes time.

I hope so and soon. It is very hard to go shooting when you can even replace what you shot. Things will get better, just takes time.
I’m keeping a list of the companies that are screwing me and everyone and I’ll be damned if I’ll deal with them again. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me! Enjoy it while you can, because you’ll be begging for my business this time next year.

So, I’ll follow my own example and say that my local Shoot Point Blank after being completely barren when it came to handgun ammo for the past two months suddenly came into the mother load and filled their shelves. They were selling 9mm Federal American Eagle, Sellier and Bellot and Magtech for $16.99 a box and Federal .45 ACP for $24.99. Their only caveat was 5 boxes a day per customer. Meanwhile the range I do the majority of my shooting at was charging $29.99 for a box of 50 9mm and hasn’t had .45 for a month. So kudos to my local SPB for not gouging us when they could have..

I've only been at this about 6 months, but already I've gotten wise to quite a lot of companies pulling this kind of crap. You're right, when things loosen up and we are spoiled for choice again there's going to be payback. Perhaps we should start a sticky of the companies who have provided consistently good service and deserve our business.
Great idea - I only order from and buy from a few select places that I trust - and give exceptional service.
@MsMelissa sorry that’s happened to you. I got burned by optics planet once and haven’t been to their website since.
I know I say it a lo on here - BROWNELLS is the best in my opinion. If they’re out of stock - back order it and it comes in fast ... or just put your email down for in stock notifications. It works very well for me.
Also- I ordered once from Palmetto State Armory since they’re from my neighboring state and I got my ammo really fast.
Oh- one more unsolicited piece of advice if I may. Go ahead and purchase the $3 shipping insurance from brownells just for peace of mind.
ive ordered a bunch and never had a problem but it’s worth the $3. Good luck !

Great idea - I only order from and buy from a few select places that I trust - and give exceptional service.
@MsMelissa sorry that’s happened to you. I got burned by optics planet once and haven’t been to their website since.
I know I say it a lo on here - BROWNELLS is the best in my opinion. If they’re out of stock - back order it and it comes in fast ... or just put your email down for in stock notifications. It works very well for me.
Also- I ordered once from Palmetto State Armory since they’re from my neighboring state and I got my ammo really fast.
Oh- one more unsolicited piece of advice if I may. Go ahead and purchase the $3 shipping insurance from brownells just for peace of mind.
ive ordered a bunch and never had a problem but it’s worth the $3. Good luck !
Well, the same thing happened to me with Brownells when I ordered 3 35 round Magpul Mags for my Scorpion 🦂. It was on back order right after I ordered them, and I got them close to a year later. To give them credit, like OP, they don’t charge the CC until product ships, and they emailed me about 8 months after I ordered them and asked if I still wanted them. I said yes, and they told me they should have them soon & they’d ship as soon as they got them. It still took about a month and a half until I got them. To be fair, nobody & I mean nobody had those mags, as I ordered them a little after magpul introduced them. I guess I just have that kind of luck 🤷‍♂️

Maybe we should all start naming these businesses, good and bad, in a new thread on the forum to keep them on the up and up. Better yet, 2 threads, one for good and one for bad would be in order. The bad ones might be forced to play it straight then. I've searched for things that showed "in stock" and when you get to the page and try to "add to cart", it's "out of stock", "on backorder", or "notify me".

Last edited:
One of the issues with gun companies, ammo producers and even some gun shops, is that they encourage us to stand up and fight for out 2A rights (the life of their business) but when the chips are down, some of them eagerly stick it in and break it off on gun buyers. How about a little loyalty?
It isn't just companies, I go online and see fellow gun openers selling range ammo for over $1 per round or selling a $400 gun for over $700. It is bad enough that gun ownership seems to be a constant fight, but do we have to try screwing each other to boot?
I recently listed a pistol online for a fair price (not a panic price) and the guy who bought it said he was nervous that it was a scam because it seemed too good to be true. SMH

I’m getting a little frustrated with the current marketplace for ammo and guns. Without identifying individual companies or sites, I’ve been burned twice lately by putting an item in “the cart” and no indication that it’s out or on back order, then “paying” and finding out it’s on backorder. I have an Ammo order that I placed on 9/05 that originally showed immediate delivery when I placed it and as of this morning it showed 11/01 for delivery. I hope these companies enjoy placing everyone over a barrel now, because it won’t be this way forever. The pendulum swings back and forth. You would think companies would be trying to establish good relationships with all of these new gun buyers and old clients. That doesn’t seem to be the case, though.

Let's start a thread on the companies that are screwing people over like this. The companies that take orders and payment for out of stock merch. and the ones that cancel orders because of price increases. Nobody wants to put names out there, but that leaves the rest of us at risk of falling prey to these lowlife companies.

Let's start a thread on the companies that are screwing people over like this. The companies that take orders and payment for out of stock merch. and the ones that cancel orders because of price increases. Nobody wants to put names out there, but that leaves the rest of us at risk of falling prey to these lowlife companies.
I was afraid to list the names because I didn’t want to get bounced from the forum if that’s not allowed. Can a moderator make a ruling that this is ok to name names? If so, we could start using names in this thread for the bad companies or bad experiences.

So, I’ll follow my own example and say that my local Shoot Point Blank after being completely barren when it came to handgun ammo for the past two months suddenly came into the mother load and filled their shelves. They were selling 9mm Federal American Eagle, Sellier and Bellot and Magtech for $16.99 a box and Federal .45 ACP for $24.99. Their only caveat was 5 boxes a day per customer. Meanwhile the range I do the majority of my shooting at was charging $29.99 for a box of 50 9mm and hasn’t had .45 for a month. So kudos to my local SPB for not gouging us when they could have..

Same with my Shoot Point Blank. 5 boxes of ammo per customer. They tend to get shipments in every 3-4 weeks, but go within 1-2 days easy. I check or call near Weekly. I have 3 near me, so over the last few months I was able to score enough to be comfortable.

Buy now! - In Stock (kinda) - wall of shame

We should also point out the outrageous ammo prices. 39.99 for a box of fed/Speer/blazer...

I am in.

Back