testtest

BassCliff's G-Sight Laser Practice Range

Hi,

Thanks for your postings. Very interesting. Do you know if the G-Sight app will work with any laser cartridge, the Pink Rhino for example? Also, is white or grey targets better than cardboard? Or vice versa? I am getting a lot of undetected hits. Tried moving camera, different color targets etc. using iPhone 14. Not sure if this is the right place to ask these questions so please excuse me if not. Do you know of any forums specific to yhe G-Sight app? Thanks 👍

I don't mind trying to help.

As far as I know, the G-Sight laser app will work with with any laser cartridge. However I must admit that I have only used G-Sight products, three different models in 2 different calibers, .45 and 9mm.

I have had to experiment with lighting, distance, zoom settings, and color of the target. I've had better luck with lighter targets, white or light gray. I have a red B-27 silhouette and the detection rate is very low. The targets that work the best for me are mostly white with circles or grids. Early in the thread you may have red that my "dot torture drill" target with the red circles was having issues.

I have a very dark B-8 center and other very black targets that don't detect well. I think the laser light gets sucked up into the darkness, or it doesn't reflect enough. You don't want the targets too shiny or too soft. There's a balance.

There is a sometimes a balance that you have to find between the phone (sensor) distance and the zoom setting in the app. Try moving the phone closer and using less zoom, and vice versa. Make sure the target fills the screen on the phone. I generally have my phone within two or three feet of the target. A tripod comes in handy.

Try a little less lighting, indirect lighting on the target. Shining a light directly on the target seems to interfere with detection. If the ambient light is too bright it can upset the detection.

Make sure the laser lens itself is free of obstructions, dust, lint, etc. Perhaps a q-tip and a can of compressed air can help.

Weak batteries can also cause detection issues.

For more info, here is the support page: https://g-sight.com/pages/service
The FAQ page has suggestions: https://www.gsightlaser.com/pages/faq-cartridge

Good luck!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Hi,

That's a really neat practice unit. good shootin too.

Hey! Thanks! It's a pretty good system to keep most of the required motor skills fresh in your muscle memory. My live fire practice doesn't quite match the marksmanship of my laser practice, but it's getting closer all the time. ;)

BassCliff

Hi,

I don't mind trying to help.

As far as I know, the G-Sight laser app will work with with any laser cartridge. However I must admit that I have only used G-Sight products, three different models in 2 different calibers, .45 and 9mm.

I have had to experiment with lighting, distance, zoom settings, and color of the target. I've had better luck with lighter targets, white or light gray. I have a red B-27 silhouette and the detection rate is very low. The targets that work the best for me are mostly white with circles or grids. Early in the thread you may have red that my "dot torture drill" target with the red circles was having issues.

I have a very dark B-8 center and other very black targets that don't detect well. I think the laser light gets sucked up into the darkness, or it doesn't reflect enough. You don't want the targets too shiny or too soft. There's a balance.

There is a sometimes a balance that you have to find between the phone (sensor) distance and the zoom setting in the app. Try moving the phone closer and using less zoom, and vice versa. Make sure the target fills the screen on the phone. I generally have my phone within two or three feet of the target. A tripod comes in handy.

Try a little less lighting, indirect lighting on the target. Shining a light directly on the target seems to interfere with detection. If the ambient light is too bright it can upset the detection.

Make sure the laser lens itself is free of obstructions, dust, lint, etc. Perhaps a q-tip and a can of compressed air can help.

Weak batteries can also cause detection issues.

For more info, here is the support page: https://g-sight.com/pages/service
The FAQ page has suggestions: https://www.gsightlaser.com/pages/faq-cartridge

Good luck!

BassCliff
Wow. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Very much appreciated 👍

Back