testtest

Battle of the 1911's: TRP vs. Emissary

at our skeet field....i am amazed at the level of PRICEY shotguns..its like watching a call to arms with out of this world guns, with scroll effects and shiny parts and custom cushioned cases.. these guys are ALL in , i swear one has to cost more than a new truck.. :ROFLMAO:
I have been shooting a base model Krieghoff K80 for years, but you can spend as much as you want on them with engraving and inlays. Mrs Greener and I visited the Krieghoff factory in Ulm Germany in 2008. It was astounding the level of craftsmanship and artistry. Then that same year we visited the Holland and Holland gun room where we saw guns priced as much as a half million. There is a Holland and Holland gun room in Dallas but I have not seen it. Us common folk can look at them through the glass.

I have been shooting a base model Krieghoff K80 for years, but you can spend as much as you want on them with engraving and inlays. Mrs Greener and I visited the Krieghoff factory in Ulm Germany in 2008. It was astounding the level of craftsmanship and artistry. Then that same year we visited the Holland and Holland gun room where we saw guns priced as much as a half million. There is a Holland and Holland gun room in Dallas but I have not seen it. Us common folk can look at them through the glass.
I dare not. Lord knows I got enough problems.

Me too. I have yet to hear a compelling reason for the 2-piece guide rod.
me to
i like the new pistol, but the 2 piece guide rods seems odd and the bit you have to press down after the rod is unscrewed is SHARP, i made a piece of nylon the size of my index finger to use to press down .
i may swap back to a standard set up
i want to get 100 or so through it and see whats what compared to my other 1911s

Ok, I'll do it. I ain't wearing a dress though. :ROFLMAO:
Thats some funny 💩💩💩!
1701564611834.gif

While pertaining to the thread… so I/we dont derail tooo baaaad… (like usual 🤪😉)

I love my TRP .. fantastic 1911…

As for shotguns, my late ‘60’s Superposed Superlight is a great shooter … Family gun handed down to me . dad has a Parker matching high grade 12 and 16 ga I’ll inherit some day …

Last edited:
Odd man out here, I'd vote for a Garrison and save some dough. I don't like the grenade grips, the triceratop slide, the square finger guard, bull barrel or the rail on the Emissary. The TRP almost had me, but the flared magwell isn't for me and I'm not having a gun with Tactical engraved on it.
I'm sure those guns shoot and that's the important thing. If you like them, good for you. It's a good time for guns and there are a crapload out there to choose from.

Odd man out here, I'd vote for a Garrison and save some dough. I don't like the grenade grips, the triceratop slide, the square finger guard, bull barrel or the rail on the Emissary. The TRP almost had me, but the flared magwell isn't for me and I'm not having a gun with Tactical engraved on it.
I'm sure those guns shoot and that's the important thing. If you like them, good for you. It's a good time for guns and there are a crapload out there to choose from.

The newer TRPs don't say "Tactical" on them. And the magwell is removable. If that sways your opinion.

Now the hard part - finding one.

The newer TRPs don't say "Tactical" on them. And the magwell is removable. If that sways your opinion.

Now the hard part - finding one.
That's a deal maker right there. Is there enough difference between the Garrison and TRP to justify the price difference? Just comparing MSRP shows quite a difference (I know street is lower BTW). I have no experience with any of them.

That's a deal maker right there. Is there enough difference between the Garrison and TRP to justify the price difference? Just comparing MSRP shows quite a difference (I know street is lower BTW). I have no experience with any of them.

The TRP is the top of Springfield's production line. It's as good of a 1911 as you're going to get from them, short of ordering from their custom shop. And yeah, the TRPs are very well put together. If you can find one for around $13-1400 or so, I wouldn't hesitate.

Back