testtest

Be careful what you watch on YouTube

Just a general comment on YouTube itself. IMO it's become unwatchable both from amateurs showing historical and technical crap and from the saturation of advertising. In some cases, a one minute thirty second clip has two commercials without the ability to skip. I understand wanting to monetize one's video, but it's turned into one series of distractions after another. Maybe teens with OCD like it, but I sure as heck don't.
True. The vast majority of these videos about feds and gun control are tough to watch too. When they aren’t click bait BS they are spaced out and designed to advertise products or services, making you watch the whole video before they actually get to the point. I almost never watch them and when they’re posted here I’ll wait and see the comments other people make and go and actually look for myself to see what law was passed or what action was actually taken.

In response to your history refresher, it has no bearing whatsoever on the original story or my posts. Conspiracy theorist? Right. Google serving up personal information to alphabet agencies isn't exactly a novel concern. Likewise, Alexa arbitrarily eavesdropping in homes. Both are indeed nefarious from where I sit.

For some it's a refresher for others it's just putting the tip of the toe into the water on the tracking, monitoring and overall data collection that is happening. The novel spelling on conspiracy theory was an attempt to mock those that give that moniker to concerned individuals. As with all things, the trick is separating the wheat from the chaff and not drawing unwarranted conclusions. I found it fascinating prior that Google's advanced tech team is headed by the lady that ran DARPA.... kind of a take on Jake & Elmo Blues 'putting the band back together.' It will be interesting to see how hard it's pressed for us to go to digital currency -at that point there's no ignoring or 'opting out' of things.

IMG_2635.jpeg

For some it's a refresher for others it's just putting the tip of the toe into the water on the tracking, monitoring and overall data collection that is happening. The novel spelling on conspiracy theory was an attempt to mock those that give that moniker to concerned individuals. As with all things, the trick is separating the wheat from the chaff and not drawing unwarranted conclusions. I found it fascinating prior that Google's advanced tech team is headed by the lady that ran DARPA.... kind of a take on Jake & Elmo Blues 'putting the band back together.' It will be interesting to see how hard it's pressed for us to go to digital currency -at that point there's no ignoring or 'opting out' of things.
If I may, allow me to pose a respectful suggestion: you may find more reward by beginning new threads, possibly in themes and subjects such as those you've introduced in this thread.

Back