testtest

Be careful what you watch on YouTube

Agree. There is nothing that’s confidential. Big brother, in one form or another, monitors pretty much everything. These electronic devices are probably the worst offenders of all. Doubt what I say? Take a subject you’ve never shown any interest in (baby clothes, bird feeders, Chrystal figurines, cat toys, or whatever. Start discussing it with your spouse/partner/or friend. Have 2 or three short discussions in a day or two on the subject and watch the ads for those things show up on your computer, phone or whatever. If “they” weren’t listening you’d not get the ads. I figure literally everything said or anything written on line is readily available to the feds if they want it (I’m sure the Chinese govt would make them a deal on it🙄)
I don’t see it so much with conversations in my house that that happens. We don’t have alexa or anything like that but friends who do have reported that same thing. I definitely find that with anything web related though.

I don’t see it so much with conversations in my house that that happens. We don’t have alexa or anything like that but friends who do have reported that same thing. I definitely find that with anything web related though.
If you have an iPhone, it is listening to conversations...been tested and proven (albeit not with tests that a liberal would concede, only common-sense folks). Smart TV's too....

At my age and bad health , I don't care what they think about what I watch on youtube. If they don't like it they can come get me and feed me 3 meals a day and provide my meds for me.
And you will be treated better and with more respect than if you were in a nursing home. Plus the Gov. won't come and take everything you own, " in payment" leaving your hires with nothing for all the work you did in your life.
WHAT A GREAT SYSTEM :mad:

"Forbes can't confirm if Google complied with the request for the data?" Complied? Complied? Come on. Google has never failed in the past to lick the Feds boots. How daft do they feel we are

Google's inception came about with grants from DARPA the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency in the 1990's. That said, you'd have to be one of them cunspirasee theerists to see a nefarious connection with Google's Advanced Technology and Projects group (ATAP) -their version of a skunkworks team and in-house technology incubator, having been created by former DARPA director Regina Dugan.

I know I've told my FBI agent stories here before.

One tried to get me fired. Unfortunately for him the work I was doing was extremely important to the city and a couple rich ladies paying for it all.
This guy gave me a pretty hard time, threatening to get me fired. He asked me what I would do if he didn't acknowledge the ticket & notice to appear. I simply told him he would be under arrest and transported to jail. My fellow officers and chief supported me. He signed the ticket. Unfortunately the ticket was dismissed.

Google's inception came about with grants from DARPA the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency in the 1990's. That said, you'd have to be one of them cunspirasee theerists to see a nefarious connection with Google's Advanced Technology and Projects group (ATAP) -their version of a skunkworks team and in-house technology incubator, having been created by former DARPA director Regina Dugan.
OK. Thanks.

Big Brother already knows what our interests are.

I'm sorry Dave...I cannot permit you to destroy another A.I. entity giphy (27).gif

In response to your history refresher, it has no bearing whatsoever on the original story or my posts. Conspiracy theorist? Right. Google serving up personal information to alphabet agencies isn't exactly a novel concern. Likewise, Alexa arbitrarily eavesdropping in homes. Both are indeed nefarious from where I sit.

Just a general comment on YouTube itself. IMO it's become unwatchable both from amateurs showing historical and technical crap and from the saturation of advertising. In some cases, a one minute thirty second clip has two commercials without the ability to skip. I understand wanting to monetize one's video, but it's turned into one series of distractions after another. Maybe teens with OCD like it, but I sure as heck don't.

Back