testtest

Beginner’s Guide to Air Rifle Calibers – Size, Efficacy, and Use in the Field

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
With the right power and pellets, an air rifle can provide some seriously impressive – and lethal – performance: Up to 1,500 ft. lbs. of muzzle energy. More than enough to take down American game, and certainly enough power to act as a personal defense weapon in a pinch.

1693865285134.png

I was considering a Benjamin Marauder Field and Target model, but it gets a lot of bad reviews about air leaks. I'd like to have a quality .22 cal suppressed air rifle for plinking.

Quality stuff here....

My club has BB gun, Air Rifle, 22 LR, and Archery youth programs for all ages starting at age 7, and progressing for age up to 18. The kids have competed very successfully in state, regional, and national tournaments, having won many team and individual awards. All youngsters, member or not, use club owned equipment and ammo at no charge. All divisions meet weekly at the club indoor ranges for training and practice. Safety and marksmanship are priorities taught by certified instructor club members who unselfishly donate their time. The teams and the club.hold numerous fund raisers to support the programs which make it possible to introduce the shooting sports to young people whose families might not have the financial resources to support them. It's great to see newbies become safe, responsible, and accurate shooters emerge from these programs!

My club has BB gun, Air Rifle, 22 LR, and Archery youth programs for all ages starting at age 7, and progressing for age up to 18. The kids have competed very successfully in state, regional, and national tournaments, having won many team and individual awards. All youngsters, member or not, use club owned equipment and ammo at no charge. All divisions meet weekly at the club indoor ranges for training and practice. Safety and marksmanship are priorities taught by certified instructor club members who unselfishly donate their time. The teams and the club.hold numerous fund raisers to support the programs which make it possible to introduce the shooting sports to young people whose families might not have the financial resources to support them. It's great to see newbies become safe, responsible, and accurate shooters emerge from these programs!
This is badly needed everywhere!

I’ve gotta call BS on his analysis. He states the the “20’s” are “suitable for medium game” (including small deer) and proceeds to describe the 30 calibers as having power like a .22 LR😳. Really, and less power than a .22 LR is suitable for “ medium size “ game😏. Dunno what world he lives in.

I was considering a Benjamin Marauder Field and Target model, but it gets a lot of bad reviews about air leaks. I'd like to have a quality .22 cal suppressed air rifle for plinking.
I love my Springfield Armory M1A. It's not that loud at all. I shoot it in the basement with no hearing protection.

1707607810966.jpeg

My new Church is trying to start a BB gun program like that for the kids. I'm going to be involved in some way. Will keep you posted on how things go, if anyone's interested.

Back