testtest

Behind the Rear Seat Storage (F-150)

ScottJ

Professional
Founding Member
(Figured this would correlate within the "carry" forum):

For those that have the Super Duty or Super Crew F-150's, there is a method to easily gain access to an area behind the rear seat. Why it doesn't come from the factory already installed is the big question.

Anyway, I purchased the device and installed it within minutes (less than 30), and I now have quick access to that area, and stow my Saint Edge (in the soft case it comes in) behind the rear seat when transporting it. Out of sight, out of mind. I also stow my IFAK kit back there also.

The device is made in the USA, and all it takes to install it is a T30 Torx bit. Checkout the link and find your year of F-150 ('09 - '19), and probably the 2020 models also.

Other items related to truck seat back/bottom storage also.

BuiltRite Industries:
(Find truck model and covered yrs at the site)

Note: According to the site, Chevy truck items will be added soon, and the Jeep Gladiator is already listed I believe.

Last edited:

For those that have the Super Duty or Super Crew F-150's, there is a method to easily gain access to an area behind the rear seat. Why it doesn't cone from the factory already installed is the big question.

Anyway, I purchased the device and installed it within minutes (less than 30), and I now have quick access to that area, and stow my Saint Edge (in the soft case it comes in) behind the rear seat. Out of sight, out of mind. I also stow my IFAK kit back there also.

The device is made in the USA, and all it takes to install it is a T30 Torx bit. Checkout the link and find your year of F-150 ('09 - '19), and probably the 2020 models also.

BuiltRite Industries:

Note: According to the site, Chevy truck items will be added soon, and the Jeep Gladiator is already listed I believe.
Looks interesting. My Tacoma already has storage under & behind the back seats that can be access quickly. I use this storage for tools and the like but I suppose one could use it to place a Bulldog or like type safe there for a pistol.

I have seen somewhere that there is a gap behind the rear seat in chevy trucks. I have never explored it myself. Something I need to look into.

I have seen somewhere that there is a gap behind the rear seat in chevy trucks. I have never explored it myself. Something I need to look into.
What's ironic about it is that prior to the truck I have now (2018), the one I traded in was a 2010 that I had for nine years, and never knew about the storage behind the seat, and apparently (from what they say) there is a large number of F-150 owners that don't know about it. I found out about it perusing YouTube.

For those that have the Super Duty or Super Crew F-150's, there is a method to easily gain access to an area behind the rear seat. Why it doesn't come from the factory already installed is the big question.

Anyway, I purchased the device and installed it within minutes (less than 30), and I now have quick access to that area, and stow my Saint Edge (in the soft case it comes in) behind the rear seat when transporting it. Out of sight, out of mind. I also stow my IFAK kit back there also.

BuiltRite Industries:

Be careful what you put behind that seat. The back wall of the truck between the bed and cab that has a small roughly 6in plastic vent behind the padding that lets pressure out of the vehicle when closing the doors. This vent can be knocked out easily if something presses too hard against it and is a real bear to get a new one back in place. You will know if this vent gets knocked out after it rains and your back seat has a new water feature. I know this from experience in my 150.

Be careful what you put behind that seat. The back wall of the truck between the bed and cab that has a small roughly 6in plastic vent behind the padding that lets pressure out of the vehicle when closing the doors. This vent can be knocked out easily if something presses too hard against it and is a real bear to get a new one back in place. You will know if this vent gets knocked out after it rains and your back seat has a new water feature. I know this from experience in my 150.
Thanks for the tip. Stowing my IFAK back there isn't pushing against anything, and when I stow the Saint in it's soft case, it partially rests (barrel end) on top of the IFAK. Closing the seatback into the latched position doesn't cause any pressure against the rear wall or the seat back. I know the site concerning the seatback latch states that trucks that have the high-end sound system has the booster mounted back there, eliminating a good portion of any storage space.

In what part of the rear cab wall is the vent located? I'm curious to find it now.

Thanks for the tip. Stowing my IFAK back there isn't pushing against anything, and when I stow the Saint in it's soft case, it partially rests (barrel end) on top of the IFAK. Closing the seatback into the latched position doesn't cause any pressure against the rear wall or the seat back. I know the site concerning the seatback latch states that trucks that have the high-end sound system has the booster mounted back there, eliminating a good portion of any storage space.

In what part of the rear cab wall is the vent located? I'm curious to find it now.
Bottom right side. You can pull the padding off the back wall and see it. When lifting the bench seat that area pinches down a little more.

My incident happened trying to put in a sound system. I ended up changing out all my speakers in the truck with new kickers.

Bottom right side looking in from left rear door correct?
Yes if my memory serves me correctly. The padding pulls back easily. The part was a real bear to track down also. I still use that area for storage and have put my Sig VTAC AR back there a few times. Just be careful not to pack the space too tight.

Yes if my memory serves me correctly. The padding pulls back easily. The part was a real bear to track down also. I still use that area for storage and have put my Sig VTAC AR back there a few times. Just be careful not to pack the space too tight.
Yep, the only thing back there I stow is the IFAK, and the AR going to/from the range. Thanks for the vent tip! 👍

Back