testtest

Best beginner set up?

Most likely.... I don't have to worry with it unless Springfield should happen to come out with a
50 BMG pistol.... now that would be fun for sure!!
I think you might be better off with a 12ga pistol. I dont think half of the powder would burn from a 50. Not to mention a nice headache.

Last edited:
I think one of the best things to do is look for estate sales and garage sales. You will get some great advice and deals. I picked up a rock chucker, rcbs case trimmer and a few dies for $80.

Never have used the Lock n Load but I do like the turret press and the ease of changing a head out.
With 8 die slots there are a lot of options. Have all of the caliber tooling installed means they aren't getting misplaced. I have a concern will the die tooling fit in the original box for storage with Lock n Load attached?
IMHO!!!

turret head.JPG

Never have used the Lock n Load but I do like the turret press and the ease of changing a head out.
With 8 die slots there are a lot of options. Have all of the caliber tooling installed means they aren't getting misplaced. I have a concern will the die tooling fit in the original box for storage with Lock n Load attached?
IMHO!!!

View attachment 673
I couldn't find a plate for Dillon on the fn57, so I bought a single stage and it's dainty!

IMHO!!!

View attachment 673
Do you know if you can interchange the 6 and 8?

I toyed with the Dillion, 550. But after looking in to it I found that progressives do take some tuning up to get everything synchronized. Some folks can even relate horror stories on the time it took to set a run up. I figure I can have a couple hundred loaded, at least, while they are tinkering! :ROFLMAO:
I still have the offer of a Dillion 550 for $200. I dislike talking about it as I keep thinking I ought to just jump on it. That way I can be a Dillion owner too. Leave it in the box under the reloading bench!!.

I toyed with the Dillion, 550. But after looking in to it I found that progressives do take some tuning up to get everything synchronized. Some folks can even relate horror stories on the time it took to set a run up. I figure I can have a couple hundred loaded, at least, while they are tinkering! :ROFLMAO:
I still have the offer of a Dillion 550 for $200. I dislike talking about it as I keep thinking I ought to just jump on it. That way I can be a Dillion owner too. Leave it in the box under the reloading bench!!.
I would jump on it. The people at Dillon are the best. They have no qualms about helping you work through an issue.

Back