testtest

Best Rifle of the Pacific War?

A friend’s grandfather was with 1st Marines during WW2; according to him, when they got issued Garands, they hated them...wanted their Springfields back; roll that Garand around in the beach sand, or in the ooze & muck...they jammed.

That said, he really liked the M1 Carbine...mainly because it was so light, and the 15rd mags were 2-3 times what their rifles had. Had plenty of power for the Nipponese troops.

A friend’s grandfather was with 1st Marines during WW2; according to him, when they got issued Garands, they hated them...wanted their Springfields back; roll that Garand around in the beach sand, or in the ooze & muck...they jammed.

That said, he really liked the M1 Carbine...mainly because it was so light, and the 15rd mags were 2-3 times what their rifles had. Had plenty of power for the Nipponese troops.

The USMC was very traditional when it came to 1903's early on until they got used to the Garands.

I'd love to add a Arisaka rifle to my collection.
Slowly I'm collection WWII era rifles and pistols (actual all U.S. Conflict era weapons). I have: Enfield (plus Sporterized Enfield), Mosin NagantM91/30 (Hex and round receiver), Mauser K98, Polish Mosin Nagang M44, Yugo M98, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Walther P38 Luger, Mauser P08 Luger (SS - Black Widow), 1918 Colt 1911 (Black Army), Argentinian 1891 Mauser Carbine, M95 Mannlicher, Turkish M1938 8mm Mauser, Chi Com SKS, and Romanian SKS.
The Japanese Arisaka rifle would fit in nicely.

Back