testtest

Black Rifle Coffee Story

My local shooting range brews Black Rifle Coffee daily for their patrons, which I really appreciate. I can relate to the founder's story. I served with an American of Greek descent, and it was one of our "battle drills" to get the stove cranking and coffee brewing during a lull in the fight in Iraq. I would sprint over to his howitzer section with my canteen cup of water and MRE coffee, and wait for his hand signal for me to retrieve my cup of 30-weight.
Seems some of you guys have some upscale ranges to frequent :) . Ours can best be described as "rustic" I guess. Decent benches with a roof overhead to shoot at, but that's about it. Porta-potty if you need the "facilities". Any drinks/snacks you want you better bring 'em with you. I usualky take 2 bottles of water, 2-3 packs of p-nut butter snack crackers, and a 20oz Yeti tumbler of black coffee. I'm only at the range a couple of hours at best, so those "refreshments" are sufficient for me.

MRE coffee? Being a "Squid", I guess I was spoiled, because there was always available, if not on the Mess Deck, someones shop or office had a pot handy. If one was really desperate you could venture down to the Fireroom or Engineroom and bum a cup of coffee, which always seemed to have an oily taste to it. 🤔 . Oh, as a youngster, high school age, my buddy and I would go camping and usually have some K-ration coffee grounds with us. Both of our dads were career Army, with friends with Mess Sgts on base. :)

Seems some of you guys have some upscale ranges to frequent :) . Ours can best be described as "rustic" I guess. Decent benches with a roof overhead to shoot at, but that's about it. Porta-potty if you need the "facilities". Any drinks/snacks you want you better bring 'em with you. I usualky take 2 bottles of water, 2-3 packs of p-nut butter snack crackers, and a 20oz Yeti tumbler of black coffee. I'm only at the range a couple of hours at best, so those "refreshments" are sufficient for me.

MRE coffee? Being a "Squid", I guess I was spoiled, because tgere was always available, if not on the Mess Deck, someones shop or office had a pot handy. If one was really desperate you could venture down to the Fireroom or Engineroom and bum a cup of coffee, which always seemed to have an oily taste to it. 🤔
Yeah, this little range is a mom&pop shop on their property. Small, but has creature comforts. "Oily taste" lol.

Back