testtest

Blackened Venison

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member

1713478966189.png

I had a blackened steak 1 time that was supposed to be very spicey according to the restaurant I ate at? They couldn't believe a teenager could eat it, especially that fast. Chicken, beef and some seafood is my limit as not a venison person. 1st experience with deer meat wasn't a good 1, but might try it again.

I had a blackened steak 1 time that was supposed to be very spicey according to the restaurant I ate at? They couldn't believe a teenager could eat it, especially that fast. Chicken, beef and some seafood is my limit as not a venison person. 1st experience with deer meat wasn't a good 1, but might try it again.
It totally depends on how it was processed, and how it is prepared. I was never a fan of wild game...I had had a bad piece (which is not difficult). Since I moved here I have learned a lot about harvesting venison. Where we hunt, we hang the carcasses in the machine shop (my husband's cousin is a logger...lots of big equipment) for a week or so before we skin them. Then they are processed locally, simply in vacuum packs. I am still using venison we harvested two years ago. Frozen, no freezer burn, and when it is defrosted, seasoned and prepared properly...yum! :cool: :p

Back