testtest

Bone To Pick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.B.

Operator
What the hell is up with the soft case that comes with the Hellcat!? What's the Velcro for? To scratch up my new EDC? The clear plastic square opposite the Velcro. WHAT IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE? And no outside pocket on it? C'mon, man!!! 

What the hell is up with the soft case that comes with the Hellcat!? What's the Velcro for? To scratch up my new EDC? The clear plastic square opposite the Velcro. WHAT IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE? And no outside pocket on it? C'mon, man!!! 
I don't own a Hellcat and I'm curious to what you are talking about do you have a pic?

I liked the hard cases too but they all gather dust under my bed holding a wide variety of items, none of them guns. A lot of companies have gone to cardboard boxes for their guns. Based on responses from the Hellcat and 911 FB groups a couple of us run, only ~1/4 or less of owners actually use the old hard cases. The Velcro isn’t going to scratch anything and is for morale patches (assumption on my part based on size, could be wrong). You can buy a hard case from Springfield at the link below or from Flambeau. Although, I don’t think they make the exact kind SA used anymore.

Attachments

• 195CF6F0-35E1-444A-A6F4-61E4B41D379F.jpeg
    195CF6F0-35E1-444A-A6F4-61E4B41D379F.jpeg
    545.1 KB · Views: 2,170
I’m the same, @OkiePewPew ...I’ve got a storage closet filled with cases.

I bought a few pistol sleeve soft cases from Midway a few years ago; that’s what I use, as they fit easily into a range bag.

Honestly, I think the cheap swag that gun manufacturers throw in (huge cases, cheap holsters, etc) are just to boost the price. I’d rather have them drop the price $50 and just put it in a cardboard box...

I bought a few pistol sleeve soft cases from Midway a few years ago; that’s what I use, as they fit easily into a range bag.

Honestly, I think the cheap swag that gun manufacturers throw in (huge cases, cheap holsters, etc) are just to boost the price. I’d rather have them drop the price $50 and just put it in a cardboard box...
Hey now. I got a new XDM last October with 5 magazines, holster, and mag pouch for $399. I will take the swag at that price all day long :)

Dad's '51 Colt still has its original cardboard Colt box...

I picked up an armload of plastic, pick-out-your-shape foam-filled storage boxes when the local Cabela's closed. Good size for a revolver, or a semi with a mag or two. Sale price, $1.35 each. I'll use them if I'm taking multiples to the range, as transport boxes, but everything "lives" in the safe normally so the boxes sit and gather dust most times.

I may repurpose some of them for sound equipment - microphones, etc. Hate to see them sitting around...

Yeah the mag loader and mag holder that came with my older XDM were ok. The holder got used once during a class and then replaced with a double vertical instead of the 45°, but I know several who still use them. The adjustable tension was nice.

I personally have never bought a gun because of the case it came in but with that being said this looks alot better then a cardboard box and if the Velcro is a concern scratching the gun I wouldn't worry too much because it's not going to happen. These micro compact guns are meant to be carried on you not carried in a case to the range anyway.

Thanks for the pic @OkiePewPew !

Last edited:
Good point on the finishes. My XDs has been living on my hip in a Kydex shell (Alien Gear) for the last 2.5 years, carried to the range that way, drawn a number of times a day (I keep it in a soft holster in the safe at night)...and zero marks on the finish.

They're made to be tough.

And honestly...I never mind a little "patina" from normal use. It's not a show piece.

I wish Springfield would return to the hard case. I have all of my pistols in hard cases in my safe. An added layer of protection for them from air and moisture. Plus if I take them anywhere, I do not have to worry about them. Just toss them in the back of the truck and go.

My XDs 3.3 came in a hard case with a holster and 4 extended mags and 2 regular mags and the cardboard slide cover for the hard case had 2 targets on it. I repurposed the hard case to hold my pedal board for my guitar! My other hard cases from other guns have made storage boxes for other items. I take the guns I'm not carrying in my range bag.

My XD Mod2 & XDS9 came in cardboard boxes, but inside the boxes the pistols, + 4 extra mags were in a fairly nice black nylon zippered pistol bag, as part of the Gear Up promo. The bags also have the SA crossed cannon log monogrammed on them. I keep the bags in the bottom of the safe, and inside the bags are my Alien Gear Shapeshifter parts for various holster configurations. The pistols are in padded, zippered gun rugs in the safe, and I transport them to the range in a larger bag.

My M&P EZ9 I recently purchased came in a cardboard box. Gonna have to buy another padded, zippered gun rug for it.

On a side note, I like DeWalt tools, and my older stuff came in hard plastic boxes. Nowadays, they're coming in zippered bags.......inside a cardboard box. ;)

I liked the hard cases too but they all gather dust under my bed holding a wide variety of items, none of them guns. A lot of companies have gone to cardboard boxes for their guns. Based on responses from the Hellcat and 911 FB groups a couple of us run, only ~1/4 or less of owners actually use the old hard cases. The Velcro isn’t going to scratch anything and is for morale patches (assumption on my part based on size, could be wrong). You can buy a hard case from Springfield at the link below or from Flambeau. Although, I don’t think they make the exact kind SA used anymore.
I think you're right Okie. I bought several SA XD's during the Gear Up promos that came with a softcase and a spot for a moral patch. However the Gear Up packages also included a Springfield Armory rubberized moral patch for the cases, in addition to the other promo gear. I'm kind of surprised SA didn't include this with the Hellcat packaging.

I think you're right Okie. I bought several SA XD's during the Gear Up promos that came with a softcase and a spot for a moral patch. However the Gear Up packages also included a Springfield Armory rubberized moral patch for the cases, in addition to the other promo gear. I'm kind of surprised SA didn't include this with the Hellcat packaging.
Dang, I feel slighted. My SA Gear Up pistol promos didn't provide a rubberized patch in the deal......but one did come on the zippered soft case for my Edge. 👍

My XD Mod2 & XDS9 came in cardboard boxes, but inside the boxes the pistols, + 4 extra mags were in a fairly nice black nylon zippered pistol bag, as part of the Gear Up promo. The bags also have the SA crossed cannon log monogrammed on them. I keep the bags in the bottom of the safe, and inside the bags are my Alien Gear Shapeshifter parts for various holster configurations. The pistols are in padded, zippered gun rugs in the safe, and I transport them to the range in a larger bag.

My M&P EZ9 I recently purchased came in a cardboard box. Gonna have to buy another padded, zippered gun rug for it.

On a side note, I like DeWalt tools, and my older stuff came in hard plastic boxes. Nowadays, they're coming in zippered bags.......inside a cardboard box. ;)
I think most if not all S&W's come in a cardboard box. At least for the many I own, that's what I remember they came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back