testtest

Breaking…Florida Becomes The 26th State To Allow Permitless Carry

Looks like DeSantis signed the bill for permitless carry.

But does that apply to non residents like my wife who has her Illinois permit that is not recognized by Florida. Also in a number of states those depending on constitutional carry do not always have the same rights as those with a permit or are LEOSA carriers.

I had two German friends who lived in Florida.
They were German citizens and US Citizens but they lived in Florida.
One of them got a Florida CCW.
Someone would hold his pistol w2hen he went back to Germany.
He loved South Beach as his home and loved that he did not have to drive and good luck parking.
He hated the German winters so he would go to Florida.

McCall, your wife seems like she would qualify but to be sure check the written parts of the new law for July 1st.

But does that apply to non residents like my wife who has her Illinois permit that is not recognized by Florida. Also in a number of states those depending on constitutional carry do not always have the same rights as those with a permit or are LEOSA carriers.
Illinois doesn't recognize ANY other state's permits. so most states won't honor theirs. Most permitless carry states that I know of do not bar non residence from carrying.
My state is a permitless carry state and the only advantages are small and don't really matter to me. There are a few places you can carry with a permit that you can't without. And being caught carrying in those places is a misdemeanor, basically a ticket.

No license required after 1 July. Florida will continue issuing licenses for those who want them for reciprocity with other states

Below Are Highlights of the Constitutional Carry Legislation:

• A citizen in Florida will be able to carry concealed as long as the person meets the statutory requirements for a concealed weapons permit. The person must follow all current concealed carry laws and have a valid identification while carrying.
  • Open carry is not permitted under the proposal.
  • The three days wait period will remain constitutionally in place for people without a concealed weapons permit.
  • Reciprocity agreements will still require a permit in certain states. Non-Florida residents may carry concealed if they meet Florida’s statutory requirement for receiving a concealed carry permit and have valid identification.
  • Twenty-five states allow constitutional carry: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
The Florida requirements for a CCL are:
Not a Felon
No domestic violence
21 years old
Not adjudicated mentally ill

Basically the same requirements as a 4473, except for the age part.

No license required after 1 July. Florida will continue issuing licenses for those who want them for reciprocity with other states
So you are saying I as an Illinois license holder would no longer be required to get the Fla. license?

Back