testtest

Bridget Stalked on the Trail

Wow, that’s crazy and a little hair raising. Expecting a bear or elk but getting a man, that has been following you. Well from your past stories, the one with your camper encounter, you stay adamant, trained and armed which is good. I do wish you would hike with a dog. Maybe a Miniature Australian Shepard...
93C7028E-4AFD-47EA-88C6-FE418DC30BE5.jpeg

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled Bridget Stalked on the Trail and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/bridget-stalked-on-the-trail/.

If you ever have the inclination to leave the handgun at camp or off your body: dont. Also keep an identical spare locked at camp for when your 1911 breaks because it eventually will. Having a spare you can swap out is important in a duty gun. Just a few tips learned from my military experience. Human’s can be everything but Human, but most are good and looking for someone to share the joys of life with. Reclusive types are usually harmless, its the packs you should be more concerned with but its always possible to run into a lone predator. Make sure you keep an emergency beacon on you at all times in case you have a medical emergency. Stay safe!

Wow, that’s crazy and a little hair raising. Expecting a bear or elk but getting a man, that has been following you. Well from your past stories, the one with your camper encounter, you stay adamant, trained and armed which is good. I do wish you would hike with a dog. Maybe a Miniature Australian Shepard...View attachment 4935
Reasonably trained dogs are #1 deterrent and companionship. But you need a Belgian or Dutch Shepherd. They also take up less space, move faster, and tend to have less health issues. A male with good drive will protect you, you can train him in the field just purchase a good collar, training aids and a dog training manual. It takes two years to get them 100%. You can also get a pre trained companion that can predict when someone prepares to attack, they have amazing instincts and observation skills.

I live in a town with under 200 people so there really aren’t options for me to always have someone around me! I like the freedom of doing what I want immediately and often go on a lot of adventures alone because of that!
A lot of women, AND men, that venture out could/ should pay attention to your writings. Be aware and be prepared. Look often, listen always, and stand your ground determined. Stay safe out there, young lady.

In a town of that size there probably isn't any local law enforcement. However I suspect the local Fish and Game person probably knows who you are, it wouldn't hurt to have him check in on you from time to time. Same goes to the Local Sheriff. I wouldn't be surprised that you stalker just might have followed you home and might think you are unaware of him. Utah has had its share of people being unaware and being overpowered. As you well know there is a whole lot of country out there to hide. By letting law enforcement know you were stalked they might know of "Ole Joe" or Wanted for... people who might be in your area. It is better to be safe and alive than thinking you are prepared and injured, or killed because of you thinking you are prepared for any and all. Unlike some other states most LEO's in Utah are pretty good people. I've worked with them for over 25 years.

Wow, that’s crazy and a little hair raising. Expecting a bear or elk but getting a man, that has been following you. Well from your past stories, the one with your camper encounter, you stay adamant, trained and armed which is good. I do wish you would hike with a dog. Maybe a Miniature Australian Shepard...View attachment 4935
Wow that is a beautiful dog!! I do want to get one someday soon!

In a town of that size there probably isn't any local law enforcement. However I suspect the local Fish and Game person probably knows who you are, it wouldn't hurt to have him check in on you from time to time. Same goes to the Local Sheriff. I wouldn't be surprised that you stalker just might have followed you home and might think you are unaware of him. Utah has had its share of people being unaware and being overpowered. As you well know there is a whole lot of country out there to hide. By letting law enforcement know you were stalked they might know of "Ole Joe" or Wanted for... people who might be in your area. It is better to be safe and alive than thinking you are prepared and injured, or killed because of you thinking you are prepared for any and all. Unlike some other states most LEO's in Utah are pretty good people. I've worked with them for over 25 years.
I totally agree. We do have a sheriffs office in my county and some deputies. They are all amazing people and have been there for me in the past. I think that’s a great idea thanks for sharing

A lot of women, AND men, that venture out could/ should pay attention to your writings. Be aware and be prepared. Look often, listen always, and stand your ground determined. Stay safe out there, young lady.
Thank you for reading and for your comment! I agree it’s looking and listening is so key.. from the mountains to the gas station you can never be too cautious or prepared!

Reasonably trained dogs are #1 deterrent and companionship. But you need a Belgian or Dutch Shepherd. They also take up less space, move faster, and tend to have less health issues. A male with good drive will protect you, you can train him in the field just purchase a good collar, training aids and a dog training manual. It takes two years to get them 100%. You can also get a pre trained companion that can predict when someone prepares to attack, they have amazing instincts and observation skills.
Thank you for the info I’ve always been intrested in Shepard’s. I’ve always felt a need for a dog that would protect me against any animal or human and I feel like they do just that

Bridget, if I'd had a daughter you are exactly how I'd hope that she'd have turned out. I love reading about your adventures, however, I do wish that you had a friend to go with you into those desolate places. Kee p providing us with your adventures!
That was a nice compliment thank you. I promise I’m safe with or without a buddy out there.. I am extra alert and precautious because of my solo adventures!!

If you ever have the inclination to leave the handgun at camp or off your body: dont. Also keep an identical spare locked at camp for when your 1911 breaks because it eventually will. Having a spare you can swap out is important in a duty gun. Just a few tips learned from my military experience. Human’s can be everything but Human, but most are good and looking for someone to share the joys of life with. Reclusive types are usually harmless, its the packs you should be more concerned with but its always possible to run into a lone predator. Make sure you keep an emergency beacon on you at all times in case you have a medical emergency. Stay safe!
That is some good advice and info thank you. Even if I leave my backpack behind or gear I always take my gun along anywhere I go, it makes me feel safe. I practice that same idea that you mentioned in my house: hiding and placing guns in random, safe spaces in case one has a problem or I can’t get to another. You can never be too safe, thanks for reading!

How cool! Thanks for following!
It is cool Bridget, and from what I understand, KLGunner also has a bunch of dead chickens 🐓🐔 and from what I decipher, at least one cow 🐄 🐮. But please don’t ask me to explain, as it‘s only miscellaneous information I gathered from some of his other posts out here on the forum (and you really don’t want to know more). 😃 Stay safe & stay well.

It is cool Bridget, and from what I understand, KLGunner also has a bunch of dead chickens 🐓🐔 and from what I decipher, at least one cow 🐄 🐮. But please don’t ask me to explain, as it‘s only miscellaneous information I gathered from some of his other posts out here on the forum (and you really don’t want to know more). 😃 Stay safe & stay well.
Well...at least you didnt recommend an attack rooster.

Last edited:
Back