testtest

Bridget’s Mistake When Facing Down a Moose

Another good article, Bridget.

It seems that many people forget how dangerous and unpredictable wild animals can be. Since you spend a lot of time in the animal's environment, it is very good that you understand that you need to be prepared to defend yourself. Good that you didn't have to use it, but also good that you had your 10mm handy "just in case."

Good article. My son has lived in Alaska for over 15 years and has numerous interactions with moose. Most people just don't realize the size of the moose. Son once walked out of his house to go to work as a truck driver to feel a warm breath on his neck. A large bull was right behind him. He dropped his lunch and jumped into the back of his pick up. To add insult to injury the moose proceeded to eat his lunch including his banana. He waited until it lost interest and left but ended up being late for work. :)

Thanks so much to everyone that reads my story! The more time you spend outdoors.. the more likely these things are to happen. That’s why I always carry a springfield on my hip!
I’ve shared the trail with moose and bears as well. It’s quite an experience, and an invigorating interaction with wild life. When it’s over lol. I packed a 44 mag for a long time. Now it’s 10 mm absolutely a great trail caliber. Stay safe Bridget. Those woods are a blessing, as are where I play in N ID

We ended up shooting one of them and tracked him over a mile Afterwards but we think it went down a fox hole 🕳 or something. We never actually found it just blood drops.
You're sure they were bobcats ? I've seen them in the woods and never known them to stalk anything they really aren't big enough to kill. Glad you guys were safe, but I hate to hear you had to shoot one.

After being in Yellowstone and seeing that cow Moose stomp the lawn chair into the ground , I have great respect for anything wild and especially big.

So glad everything worked out for you .
Papa, if you really "have great respect for anything wild and especially big", you'd be in a real pickle if you ran into Marybeth McCalister!

Back