testtest

Brit Special Forces adopt conventional AR

I'm wondering if anyone knows why the Brits have decided to drop their bullpup rifles in favor of a traditional AR? They plan to go service wide over the next decade.
Almost $10,000 a gun based on initial procurement of 1620 at $15million UK
😱🤯
Even with optic and enhancements., thats stupid money for an up gunned M4

This isn’t replacing the L85 for general issue…this is just their specops guys (SAS, SBS, etc)….and they’ve been running AR pattern for decades (SAS used Colt Commandoes when they raided the Argie airfield in the Falklands…)
Just had the time to read articles on it and it says just what Hans is saying it's special forces guys only. It is called a supplemental weapon.

This isn’t replacing the L85 for general issue…this is just their specops guys (SAS, SBS, etc)….and they’ve been running AR pattern for decades (SAS used Colt Commandoes when they raided the Argie airfield in the Falklands…)
I think you'll find the plan is for special forces AND the entire Royal Marines. That's how they get to 10,000.

And the rfp required that it not be a bull pup. I believe Australia still retains bull pups. That's the point of my question, whether anyone knows why.

For reference, Austraila is firmly committed to bull pups and Canada uses AR pattern.

I think you'll find the plan is for special forces AND the entire Royal Marines. That's how they get to 10,000.

And the rfp required that it not be a bull pup. I believe Australia still retains bull pups. That's the point of my question, whether anyone knows why.

For reference, Austraila is firmly committed to bull pups and Canada uses AR pattern.
What does it matter what Canada or Australia uses? What does that have to do with anything?

I could build one for cheaper on Palmetto State, they had stripped lowers for 29.00 over the weekend 🤓
You can build one that's as good or better than anything the military uses for less than 3 grand. You can build one that I would take straight into combat with no hesitation whatsoever for less than 2 grand.

I saw those lowers, almost picked 3 of them up.

Back