testtest

Bucken Fugs

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Now this is a true story, back in 2007 I bought a new Suzuki Eigher 400 ATV 4x4, red in semi automatic trans cause I wanted the lower gears then what the automatic transmission had, picked up some extra factory wheels and Mud Lite tires so I could switch from factory to the mudders. Picked it up from dealer and took it to fill up tank, then home. That weekend there was a huge ATV event that lasted all weekend with thousands of other people.
Got to the event that Friday night, set up our campsite, tents, pavilion type tent, even outdoor shower, now this is a family get together, me, brother, sister in law and several nephews. Got a good night sleep, got up Saturday, pulled out ATV’s off the trailer and proceeded to check out the trails, I got 100’ and bike stopped running. Ok, this is brand new now, we checked spark, fine, battery and any loose connections, fine, but no fuel, so we decided to take the carb off and take it apart…….low and behold….found the issue……somehow a freakin spider got into the fuel system and plugged up the main jet, got it out cleaned carb anyway and fired the bike back up, ran great, my only saying was “bucken fug!”

Yep it happens more than we would guess. When I was in college and my wife working as a nurses aide our oven stopped working in the mobile home we were living in. It was cheaper than renting..

So money being real tight we did not use the stove for 2 years. We used an electric roaster pan. When we did have it looked at, after i graduated and pat started college for nursing, it was dirt cheap because the tech blew out the gas tube from a spiders web and it worked perfectly. He told us that is the first thing he looks for because it is so common.

Without them you'd have a lot more other, more harmful bugs.
Agreed, just like Bats 🦇 if we don’t take care of them now and unfortunately they aren’t doing very good with the current white fungus disease wiping out complete colonies.
People complain about mosquitoes well if there are no bats then the misquote population will explode.
(Fact) The average bat eats thousands of misquote every night.

Now this is a true story, back in 2007 I bought a new Suzuki Eigher 400 ATV 4x4, red in semi automatic trans cause I wanted the lower gears then what the automatic transmission had, picked up some extra factory wheels and Mud Lite tires so I could switch from factory to the mudders. Picked it up from dealer and took it to fill up tank, then home. That weekend there was a huge ATV event that lasted all weekend with thousands of other people.
Got to the event that Friday night, set up our campsite, tents, pavilion type tent, even outdoor shower, now this is a family get together, me, brother, sister in law and several nephews. Got a good night sleep, got up Saturday, pulled out ATV’s off the trailer and proceeded to check out the trails, I got 100’ and bike stopped running. Ok, this is brand new now, we checked spark, fine, battery and any loose connections, fine, but no fuel, so we decided to take the carb off and take it apart…….low and behold….found the issue……somehow a freakin spider got into the fuel system and plugged up the main jet, got it out cleaned carb anyway and fired the bike back up, ran great, my only saying was “bucken fug!”
Not spider related but another funny bug story….. after my divorce I took a motorcycle ride south from Connecticut and my then girlfriend came along.
We were riding on the highway in the Virginia area and it started to get warm, well my girlfriend started to complain and wanted to take her helmet off, I told her no for safety reasons I also told her to be careful about lifting the face shield all the way up because of bugs, of course she didn’t listen and about 10 minutes later I heard a horrible scream and crying.
I pulled over as soon as it was safe to find she had removed her helmet and the right side of her face covered in bug parts and bug guts she had sun glasses on so her right eye was fine. The bug had to be the size of a quarter and hit her square in her cheek. It was everything I could do to not say I told you so…..
She had a welt on her cheek for two days and it set the tone for the rest of the trip.
I won’t go into the day we road in the pouring rain, she acted like she never got wet before.
I should have gone by myself. 😊🙄🤣😂

Not spider related but another funny bug story….. after my divorce I took a motorcycle ride south from Connecticut and my then girlfriend came along.
We were riding on the highway in the Virginia area and it started to get warm, well my girlfriend started to complain and wanted to take her helmet off, I told her no for safety reasons I also told her to be careful about lifting the face shield all the way up because of bugs, of course she didn’t listen and about 10 minutes later I heard a horrible scream and crying.
I pulled over as soon as it was safe to find she had removed her helmet and the right side of her face covered in bug parts and bug guts she had sun glasses on so her right eye was fine. The bug had to be the size of a quarter and hit her square in her cheek. It was everything I could do to not say I told you so…..
She had a welt on her cheek for two days and it set the tone for the rest of the trip.
I won’t go into the day we road in the pouring rain, she acted like she never got wet before.
I should have gone by myself. 😊🙄🤣😂
Feels like rocks are hitting you, especially at very high speeds!

Not bugs, but had a bucken critter make a meal out of my Mini’s wiring loom to the sparks and coils. The cables were inside a foam rubber housing that got completely destroyed. What remained looked like crumbs from a Black Forest cake. What’s more there was was the usual plastic cover that dresses up the engine bay over the top of all that. This happened during that cold snap in January. Fortunately insurance covered it.

IMG_6601.jpeg

Its been discovered that mice absolutely love the taste of the plastic coating used to insulate wires in cars these days. IIRC it has something to do with organic, plant based materials currently used to save both money and the planet. :rolleyes:
soy.....

when i wrenched, the wire insulation was still a plastic/oil based.

i cannot recall for sure which auto maker experiment with soy for wire insulations. (although, i think Ford started this, as my buddy told me he had more Fords come in by hook for this issue, than any other brand)

when the wires get warmed, due to the electrical current flowing thru, they give off a scent, that actually attracts, all sort of rodents. even rabbits at airport parking lots, make a feast out of the soy insulation.

some automakers own wire companies, glass companies, radio companies, and other automotive support product companies...

Not bugs, but had a bucken critter make a meal out of my Mini’s wiring loom to the sparks and coils. The cables were inside a foam rubber housing that got completely destroyed. What remained looked like crumbs from a Black Forest cake. What’s more there was was the usual plastic cover that dresses up the engine bay over the top of all that. This happened during that cold snap in January. Fortunately insurance covered it.

View attachment 51815
looking at that mess, either a rat or squirrel.

put rat bait under your vehicles, and all around your parking area if you can.

another method, though not totally proven is those ultrasonic devices that give off a high pitched sound only the rodents can hear.

some can be placed in the garage, or even under the hood.

another thing too, is food, crumbs on the floors of the vehicles..the mice, rats, can get in thru the air venting duct work, especially at the rear tires/trunk areas.

all cars, and many trucks, mini vans have rear body vents, much like this, hidden in the inner fender thru the body, and those ain't more than rubber flaps....too much air pressure in the car? it vents it out.

1706994276207.png

looking at that mess, either a rat or squirrel.

put rat bait under your vehicles, and all around your parking area if you can.

another method, though not totally proven is those ultrasonic devices that give off a high pitched sound only the rodents can hear.

some can be placed in the garage, or even under the hood.

another thing too, is food, crumbs on the floors of the vehicles..the mice, rats, can get in thru the air venting duct work, especially at the rear tires/trunk areas.

all cars, and many trucks, mini vans have rear body vents, much like this, hidden in the inner fender thru the body, and those ain't more than rubber flaps....too much air pressure in the car? it vents it out.

View attachment 51842
Pretty sure it was a squirrel. I have lots of them at my house. I’ve been told fox urine will keep them away. I’m going to look
Into that.

Back