testtest

“But it’s a Taurus, it couldn’t last...

Funny, I missed where anyone stated you're full of anything, save possibly bravado. "Each to his own," "whatever you say," and "in my experience" were stated, and should be taken as intended; no one is poking at you for sharing your opinion.
(y)
And if may be so bold to add on, I just don't hold your opinion in high regard.

I’ve had a couple Taurus handguns (revolver and auto) over the years and both functioned as designed. They never became “favorites” and eventually wound up as trade fodder, but not because of any issue. My concern would be that Two reputable gunsmiths who are friends of mine both have, within the last 3 years, quit working on Taurus firearms. Reason: the cannot get parts in a timely manner (or at all). That means they wind up holding a firearm for lengthy periods of time and sometimes still can’t get the parts to fix it-and that means unhappy customers. Rather than deal with that they simply refuse to work on them. These guys have both been in business for a long time. Neither has anything “bad” to say about newer Taurus stuff, except the parts issue.

I’ve owned two Taurus handguns; one revolver, one auto.

The revolver—a 327 Tracker in .357–went out of time in under 200 rounds. It went back to Taurus, they said they fixed it, but I never shot it again to find out. Traded it off once I got it back.

The auto was one of their Beretta 92 clones, and while it functioned fine, the action, slide, trigger, every moving part felt like it had a couple pounds of sand poured into it (even when completely cleaned & lubed). I got rid of it, got a real Beretta, and never looked back.

I won’t own one again. More power to those who like them, but…don’t try to convince me they make high quality firearms.
IMG_2546.gif

I have a G3c that's been flawless. The trigger could be better, but it is fine. I've seen this herd-complaining with several brands or types. As someone mentioned, the complainers have no experience, have never held one, and aren't that knowledgable about firearms.

Neither make semi automatic handguns that are above pedestrian.

Back on point, I have a 30 plus year old Taurus model .44 that has thousands and thousands of rounds through it, has killed more whitetail than I can remember and will still consistently hit. 6” circle at 100 yards with iron sights. You can also easily shoot it one handed in complete comfort.

That's a comforting read. I've got a Taurus 44 as well, though mine is just over a year old. It doesn't get shot much given how much 44 costs at the moment. So far it hasn't given me problems, but with Taurus' general reputation let's just say I don't fully trust the gun yet. It is incredibly fun to shoot though, and in general feels really goosld for a $600 revolver.

As for the company in general I'm on the fence. One of my friends had a PT 111 I think it was, the precursor to the G2 - and that thing sucked out loud. I dunno which one of us hated that thing more. But that's a sample size of 1, and well over a decade ago. Nothing to judge the current company or their modern offerings by.

My first handgun was a Taurus 66 .357 with a 6 inch barrel with a silver finish. Purchased in 1985 at the local grocery store. It was very accurate and it was quite enjoyable. Had two semi-autos that were crap and took two months to come back from repair. Traded them off rather quickly. Rather than roll the dice with pistols again, I'll buy and shoot others.
We have a bunch of Rugers and their warranty is awesome. They don't care if you are the original buyer or not. Many/most other manufacturers are not like that.
Buy/shoot what you want, the choice is up to you.

That's a comforting read. I've got a Taurus 44 as well, though mine is just over a year old. It doesn't get shot much given how much 44 costs at the moment. So far it hasn't given me problems, but with Taurus' general reputation let's just say I don't fully trust the gun yet. It is incredibly fun to shoot though, and in general feels really goosld for a $600 revolver.

As for the company in general I'm on the fence. One of my friends had a PT 111 I think it was, the precursor to the G2 - and that thing sucked out loud. I dunno which one of us hated that thing more. But that's a sample size of 1, and well over a decade ago. Nothing to judge the current company or their modern offerings by.
I paid $300 for mine new. Like I said, 30 odd years ago. Never a problem. ;)

Back