testtest

BX-25 Magazine for Ruger 10/22

Grandson and I found one at the local Rural King, and saved some $$. The BX-25 on the official Ruger site is $33.95, and that's before s/h & tax. At Rural King the magazine was $21.99, before tax. We're gonna try and get some range time tomorrow morning.

I bought the connectors that clamp two BX-25's together for my Ruger Charger 10/22 Takedown Pistol
They work great.
IMG_2229.JPG

Grandson and I got some range time as planned yesterday, and got to run the BX-25 magazine. He got the Ruger 10/22 for Christmas, and it's had 200 rounds initially through it using the OEM 10 round magazine, with no problems. Ammo was Winchester 22LR Super X.

Yesterday, he ran 100 rounds through it, predominately through the BX-25, and while using it had about 6 shells fail to fully eject, with the bolt closing on them. It didn't happen with the 10 round magazine.

I'm thinking that the complete FTE might be due to the BX-25 being so long that my grandson (13 yo) was resting the bottom of the mag on the bench and possibly causing the mag to slightly tilt in the chamber. Could have been this particular box of ammo also.

Last edited:
They’re the best hicap mags for the 10/22. Stick with Ruger mags for it. Every mag Ive tried that wasnt Ruger wasnt worth it’s weight in gold, especially promag. Actually, avoid promag in any gun. From my desert eagle to my 10/22 and everything in between, theyve failed me.

Grandson and I got some range time as planned yesterday, and got to run the BX-25 magazine. He got the Ruger 10/22 for Christmas, and it's had 200 rounds initially through it using the OEM 10 round magazine, with no problems. Ammo was Winchester 22LR Super X.

Yesterday, he ran 100 rounds through it, predominately through the BX-25, and while using it had about 6 shells fail to fully eject, with the bolt closing on them. It didn't happen with the 10 round magazine.

I'm thinking that the complete FTE might be due to the BX-25 being so long that my grandson (13 yo) was resting the bottom of the mag on the bench and possibly causing the mag to slightly tilt in the chamber. Could have been this particular box of ammo also.

Running CCI I have one or two every now and then hang on either ejection or loading.
I think at 3 to 5 cents each that the tolerance and quality assurance checks are not as tight as for ammo that may be used in a life or death situation.
My 22's are used for beginner instruction and a hanger now and then are good to teach clearing.

Its due to the dimensions of the top of the magazine. If you put 2-3 layers of masking tape on the front above the catch it will tighten and you will not have so many failures. However, it may get too tight with carbon. This is why i use the soft velcro. The issue is that the feed lips on the mag are moved out of alignment with the play. Compare it to a 10rd. Lock the bolt open, insert an empty mag and push on the front and watch how the angle of the feed lips changes. Its not much but enough to cause a FTF. This is how you get the rounds catching.

Also polishing the lip where the rounds might catch helps. Just use a dremel with a soft polishing stone to take off the edge, about 1/2 mm.

Thanks for the tape/soft velcro tips, and other input from the forum. 👍.

Even in between the limited FTEs, the grandson was still hitting the 8"x8" swinging steel at 65 yds, using the small OEM sights on his rifle. He does the same with my Edge (w/range bag as bench rest), so I'm not complaining much. :)

Back