testtest

Calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHero

Custom
Founding Member
After being on the forum for some time now, it's clear that we have some intelligent well experienced individuals on here. And I was wondering how many years of experience there is in this room? So, if you are a real gun owner and not a keyboard warrior, and make it to the range often, work on guns, research ballistic data, please post how many years of experience you have in your expertise. Not when you first held a gun, but the amount of time you have vested to your passion, or employment. That way we can calculate the amount of experience that is in the forum. My experience when I started to become really involved was 25 years ago.

25 years shooting as an adult
500 rounds a week on pistol or rifle for last 4 years. Prob 500 rounds a month 10 years previous.

not a competitive person, thus have not and dont want to pursue competition shooting.. personal passion only on my own love for firearms.

knowledgable, but never a ballistics minded person.. ballistics bore me .. honestly.. i leave that to the math experts and shoot what comes in a box.

cant stand reloading either... goes with the ballistics thing...

Oh, and I am left eye dominant, so i’m just the most F’d up shooter you have met

own 25 firearms

I started shooting a .22 rifle when I was about 11 , started hunting with my mom's .410 ga shotgun at 12 , and started hunting with a 12 ga pump shotgun when I was 15. I had shot BB guns and a Pellet rifle before I started with the .22 rifle. I can't even begin to tell you how many .22 LRs I have shot from hunting to plinking.

I had to wait till I was 21 to get my first handgun , a Ruger Security-Six .357 mag with 4" BBL. , because my dad didn't like handguns. When I got that revolver , I was putting 50 - 100 rnds each evening through it.

I am now 65 .

I started shooting in the 70's when my hair was a different color.
There wasn't too much to choose from back then, so I bought all Smith&Wesson firearms, still have them.
Marriage and kids and college came along so the funds were tight.
Now that I am retired the passion is coming back, heck I even bought two plastic fantastic pistols !!!
I am now 67..

I Got my first shotgun when I was about 9 and have been around guns all my life. I didn’t start putting in serious range time, particularly with handguns, until I was maybe 18. Sometime around then some of my friends started going into the Marine Corps and that’s about when I got serious about training for real life situations. So I guess I would estimate 30 years of tactical type behavior. I don’t do any scientific sort of data collection other than keeping track of which ammo performs better on the range, does the most damage to my home made targets etc. I only reload .44 mag, .357 mag and 12 and 20 gauge shotgun. And I rely on an old Hodgdon book for specs.

I have been handling guns since I have been 12. I am at the range every other week, have done my own reloading. More importantly, I have studied terminal ballistics and have applied that to my Radiology background. Have been on a trauma team. When the state would have a suicide or homicide, (in the area) I would get a call and they would bring the body to me. (this was back in the day, they can do it themselves now) My job was to find the bullet and assist with cause of death. In other words did they die from the gunshot wound or was it secondary to the wound. So yes, I have first hand experience with violence and gun violence. I know what death by shotgun looks like. Never got into the debate of which caliber is better because I have found and seen countless be taken out. I have seen actual "wound channels" on the living in surgery and the dead on my table. I know what bullet vs bone scenarios look like and found bullets in lower torsos after someone being shot in the head because of bullet deflection. I know what irresponsibility looks like when I had a child with me. Sometimes it was a rough ride home.

Last edited:
I have been around guns my entire life. Have shot firearms yearly for 33 years. I had a .22 rifle and 30.06 in my bedroom since I was 12 or 13, with ammo. I had been trained correctly and understood the power that was in the room.

Been much more passionate about firearms in the last ten years. I started training my wife and kids in the last five years. I shoot at least twice a month for the last few years.

My father got me into guns at about 10-11 years old, bought my first gun in 1981 at age 21, 59 years old now and always will be into shooting guns, so I guess it’s been about 49 years into firearms give or take a year.

My father is John Rambo and my mom is Sarah Conner so I'm pretty much a born badazz! JK.........🤣🤣🤣

My first gun I bought was a Remington 870 express super magnum back 24 years ago and since then I have built up a decent collection. I've been active in shooting for 24 years and i usually shoot at least 500-800 rounds a month mostly 9mm, 5.56 and 10mm. I've always been mechanically inclined and I'm not afraid to take my guns apart breaking them down to the smallest parts for upgrades or repairs. I do not keep track of ballistics at the range and I find myself to be a practical gun enthusiast with an open mind because we can always learn something new or better. I'm not a gun snob because I can appreciate any gun if it's reliable. Some back story about me, up until about I was 25years old I lived in a pretty bad city with a lot of gang violence in my neighborhood and have seen the end results of shootings, stabbings, and beatings so I'm well aware of what people are capable of. I have a small group of like minded friends with different firearm/military related backgrounds that I get together with and train with fairly often.

Last edited:
My father is John Rambo and may mom is Sarah Conner so I'm pretty much a born badazz! JK.........🤣🤣🤣

My first gun I bought was a Remington 870 express super magnum back 24 years ago and since then I have built up a decent collection. I've been active in shooting for 24 years and i usually shoot at least 500-800 rounds a month mostly 9mm, 5.56 and 10mm. I've always been mechanically inclined and I'm not afraid to take my guns apart breaking them down to the smallest parts for upgrades or repairs. I do not keep track of ballistics at the range and I find myself to be a practical gun enthusiast with an open mind because we can always learn something new or better. I'm not a gun snob because I can appreciate any gun if it's reliable. Some back story about me, up until about I was 25years old I lived in a pretty bad city with a lot of gang violence in my neighborhood and have seen the end results of shootings, stabbings, and beatings so I'm well aware of what people are capable of. I have a small group of like minded friends with different firearm/military related backgrounds that I get together with and train with fairly often.
Now you did it........

1582389348524.jpeg

Well I started around 13. Got into hunting and shooting long guns and .22’s. Later on I added pistols to the mix. Got into IDPA and my brother in law who is a shooting instructor and works for the US Marshals has shown/taught me some great techniques. I’ve shot with some Scout/Snipers and infantry men. Been blessed to shoot with some of the people I’ve been able to shoot with. My Paw-In-Law can shoot, he has shown me a thang or two, he had won Top Shot twice, in his department.
I try to make a good habit of consistency and repetition especially if I’m training on the range, this really holds true with my EDC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back