testtest

California Compliant Grips and Stocks

I decided to settle with the Magpul MOE Fixed Carbine Stock and the Strike Industries Megafin, however I have also used a stock stop with the MOE Stock and the Sparrow Grip as well as the Resurgent Arms Grip.

For me, I found the Megafin to be comfortable but I can understand people going for the other two based on aesthetics reasons.

What kind of grips do folks prefer to use, until the AWB gets overturned in California?

I personally am really to switch out the Stock and Grip once I move out of this state or the AWB gets overturned.

California compliant butt stock (Magpul) on the Blackfeather RS chassis stock.

Attachments

• IMG_5160.JPG
    IMG_5160.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 316
  • IMG_5161.JPG
    IMG_5161.JPG
    849 KB · Views: 414
You mean to tell me Kalifornia regulates what kind of grip and stock you put on your AR ? What is the purpose ? Are adjustable stocks against the law ? And what possible difference can a grip make ?

This article describes some of the CA hoopla:

You mean to tell me Kalifornia regulates what kind of grip and stock you put on your AR ? What is the purpose ? Are adjustable stocks against the law ? And what possible difference can a grip make ?
They are deemed scary evil accessories in California so you are required to neuter you ARs and other similar firearms to appease the leftist lawmakers there.

Massachusetts has similar laws for AR's such as no threaded muzzle devices unless they are permanently pinned or welded, no detachable magazines, not adjustable buttocks.....etc....etc.

This article describes some of the CA hoopla:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

To keep it simple, flash hiders and adjustable stocks and pistol grips bad unless the AR is a fixed magazine. That is the basic definition of "Assault Weapon" in this state though I assume many just don't care and keep them at home while taking a range toy to the range.

I would say the only use for the Ruger Mini-14 and Springfield M1A is California and New York as well.

Though are there any plans for Springfield Armory to make the M1 Carbine since it could sell great here if chambered in 5.56mm.

I would also add, funny enough those rules do no apply to rimfire guns like the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 Sport.

To keep it simple, flash hiders and adjustable stocks and pistol grips bad unless the AR is a fixed magazine. That is the basic definition of "Assault Weapon" in this state though I assume many just don't care and keep them at home while taking a range toy to the range.

I would say the only use for the Ruger Mini-14 and Springfield M1A is California and New York as well.

Though are there any plans for Springfield Armory to make the M1 Carbine since it could sell great here if chambered in 5.56mm.

I would also add, funny enough those rules do no apply to rimfire guns like the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 Sport.

In Massachusetts you can't have any of those features on any rifle no matter the caliber.

New AR's are outlawed in Massachusetts all together unless the mag is a permanent part of the rifle and cannot be removed without destroying the receiver.

In Massachusetts you can't have any of those features on any rifle no matter the caliber.

New AR's are outlawed in Massachusetts all together unless the mag is a permanent part of the rifle and cannot be removed without destroying the receiver.
That would make it hard to drop it a stripper clip wouldn't it! Is that the reason we are seeing more AR platforms with a manual bolt action? If the rifle is bolt-action then can the mag be removable?

Well it does answer the question as to why S&W really moved out.

Given how many focus on California and New York, because of their population sizes. I forgot about Massachusetts and New Jersey though for New Jersey, I believe they do allow the pistol grip but I might be wrong.

Massachusetts is basically all deep blue or an all blue state, which is probably why it gets away with something like that, compared to California or New York, where there are a lot of red counties but Mass has none.

The irony though that the state where opening shots of the revolutionary war were fired, has adopted roughly the same attitudes of the British Empire towards firearms in civilian hands.

Well it does answer the question as to why S&W really moved out.

Given how many focus on California and New York, because of their population sizes. I forgot about Massachusetts and New Jersey though for New Jersey, I believe they do allow the pistol grip but I might be wrong.

Massachusetts is basically all deep blue or an all blue state, which is probably why it gets away with something like that, compared to California or New York, where there are a lot of red counties but Mass has none.

The irony though that the state where opening shots of the revolutionary war were fired, has adopted roughly the same attitudes of the British Empire towards firearms in civilian hands.
100% agree!

I've lived in Massachusetts most of my life except for the past few years since I moved just over the border to freedom “aka" New Hampshire and it has been a world of difference when it comes to personal rights living here.

Massachusetts is a sad place with tons of colleges and other private schools that have mostly left minded professors and teachers pushing their agenda onto the younger generation and also into local politics.

It's a really strange place because most of the people I grew up with or have ever met from there seem to actually be mostly conservative and pro 2A but for some reason the left is in charge there.

That would make it hard to drop it a stripper clip wouldn't it! Is that the reason we are seeing more AR platforms with a manual bolt action? If the rifle is bolt-action then can the mag be removable?
They recently allowed a brand of fixed mag AR to be sold in Massachusetts that you need to push out the takedown pin and flip the upper receiver to load the permanently fixed mag.

The funny thing is you can still buy a variety of firearms that take mags that have a removable mag and don't need as much neutering such as a Tavor, Scar, Mini-14 or a FS2000....etc

Back