testtest

Californians Are Running Out of Handguns the State Will Allow Them to Purchase (Legally)

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
I figured sooner or later this would happen out there since new gun control hasn’t come from this administration, so California is going to do this as a go around to limit firearms to Californians.

Wouldn't be nice if the firearms manufacturers just said NO! No we will no longer allow our firearms to be sold in your state due to excessive regulations. No we will no longer sell to your LEO due to excessive regulations. Instead they bend over to follow the states anti-second amendment policies.

Pipe dreams I know.

I know it's completely an apples-to-oranges comparison, but an old employer of mine was a plumbing fixture manufacturer (I was in sales). Our products were illegal in CA by code, and we didn't really care about their restrictive codes (at the time), and chose not to actively sell there. Big market, yes. But the cost to comply was too high so we let other competitors have that market. We did just fine without CA...others may as well with this issue. I would invite anyone to share examples of street thugs choosing not to carry a particular firearm to commit crimes because it does not meet CA manufacturing codes:ROFLMAO:.

Can Californians hit the road and go to a friendlier state to purchase a new gun? If they can, the law is for nought and California will lose out on a lot of tax money. They should first make sure all the gang bangers' guns are legal.
If that mess got cleaned up gun control wouldn't seem too important even to Mike and Carol Brady or their
Bunch.

I believe the only firearm they have not messed with is a 1911.
I think it was grandfathered in, because there were no major changes since its inception.
I am not a scholar on CA laws but I don’t believe that’s accurate. I have two Loaded models here bought this year. They are different, the CA compliant model has a main spring lock to prevent the hammer from being cocked when locked.

Notice the small circular lock on the CA compliant 1911’s MSH.
517576E8-16B5-4CA5-9638-D33C0B3BCC07.jpeg

I too fail to understand why manufacturers will jump through the hoops the People's Republic of California set up. It isn't just guns, it's vehicles, outdoor power equipment and God knows what else the government sees fit to restrict or regulate to death.

The demands placed on those who would sell firearms to the American citizens who happen to live there are nothing short of a denial of those citizens second amendment rights.

Microstamping? Exactly how will this do a thing to keep criminals from participating in criminal activity? Oh, but we want to be sure that the felon's handgun won't discharge should they drop it during the commission of a felony! Good grief, how convoluted and irrational is their logic to begin with?

Why should anyone comply with the tyrannical mandates of a government who can't keep people from pooping on public sidewalks? Perhaps if their government could get a handle on issues that are actual public health problems rather than define whatever they choose to target as such, they could regain a shred of credibility.

Can Californians hit the road and go to a friendlier state to purchase a new gun? If they can, the law is for nought and California will lose out on a lot of tax money. They should first make sure all the gang bangers' guns are legal.
If that mess got cleaned up gun control wouldn't seem too important even to Mike and Carol Brady or their
Bunch.
I could be mistaken but most states have a residency law where you have to be a resident of the state for 6 months before you can purchase a firearm.
I know that was the case in Texas when I lived there as well as Kentucky.

I am not a scholar on CA laws but I don’t believe that’s accurate. I have two Loaded models here bought this year. They are different, the CA compliant model has a main spring lock to prevent the hammer from being cocked when locked.

Notice the small circular lock on the CA compliant 1911’s MSH.
View attachment 27175
yeah, i had bought an S/A 1911, from my LGS, that was in fact, CA compliant. at the time of purchase, i DID see the label on the case, but thought nothing of it.

that's when i saw that tiny hole in the MSH. but, given that i always replace the plastic MSH's with steel ones, it was a no brainer to just switch it out, and done deal.

maybe it be best for residents to buy as many 1911's as they can, and maybe a bunch of revolvers, before a spike in prices and short supplies of such guns...???

otherwise, the voters just have to get out and vote out, the anti-gun politicians.

I wonder what will happen to the original XD line? I believe the only reason SA was still offering it was because it was on California’s list. Will they comply with the micro stamping requirements or just cease production?

I wonder what will happen to the original XD line? I believe the only reason SA was still offering it was because it was on California’s list. Will they comply with the micro stamping requirements or just cease production?
It appears there is no “microstamping” technology for any company. I could be wrong, but the premise of CA intent of this law is they know the tech is not feasible, so it allows them to ban firearms and get to their end result.
Unless it goes to the court of law, the ban will be upheld until the citizens pursue litigation.

It appears there is no “microstamping” technology for any company. I could be wrong, but the premise of CA intent of this law is they know the tech is not feasible, so it allows them to ban firearms and get to their end result.
Unless it goes to the court of law, the ban will be upheld until the citizens pursue litigation.
California, for the first time in history I'm told, has lost more people than it has gained due to the BLM riots and pandemic and the way the governor was handling those situations. When that happened the state only got bluer.

I'm a fan of the Great Sort. Let Californians wreck their own state. Hopefully the people who left those states (nj, ca, ny, etc) change the way they vote.

California, for the first time in history I'm told, has lost more people than it has gained due to the BLM riots and pandemic and the way the governor was handling those situations. When that happened the state only got bluer.

I'm a fan of the Great Sort. Let Californians wreck their own state. Hopefully the people who left those states (nj, ca, ny, etc) change the way they vote.
Another vote for letting the deep blue states wreck themselves. Just don't expect the rest of us to bail your sorry hides out when your system implodes. If places like Illinois run a Ponzi scheme to "fund" the retirement of state workers THEY need come up with the money, not demand the rest of us via the federal government to pay for their malfeasance.

I could be mistaken but most states have a residency law where you have to be a resident of the state for 6 months before you can purchase a firearm.
I bought a new Dan Wesson ECO 45ACP in Florida. It was priced $400 below retail , so I couldn’t resist. I love that pistol. I am not a resident of Florida but we do own a winter home there . The gun shop looked up our ownership of the property on the county website to confirm ownership . I did have a three day waiting period that a state resident doesn’t have. My Pa. carry permit did not help to wave that requirement . I didn’t mind that requirement .
In my opinion there is only one way to fix the California issue ...
LEAVE THAT COMMUNIST STATE AND BECAME A CITIZEN OF A FREE STATE !!!! There is a lot on them !!!!
Respectfully
JoeD

An FFL dealer can't deliver a handgun directly to a resident of another state. The dealer can sell it to the out-of-state person, but the handgun would have to be shipped to a dealer in his or her state to complete the transfer. Some folks try to work around this by getting a legal resident to buy the gun and fill out the paperwork even though the non- resident will take possession soon after. This is called a strawman purchase and is most definitely illegal.

Back