testtest

Californians Are Running Out of Handguns the State Will Allow Them to Purchase (Legally)

What happened to the movement to divide Commiefornia?
Wonder if that would that actually free up those who don't want to be part of the lunatic-fringe or would it just make matters worse?
I don't believe that idea is driven by a desire to serve any conservative residents. It's more a desire to have four additional leftist senators to permanently tip the legislative branch blue and insure no obstacles to the implementation of the Wokeist (Marxist) agenda.

We should remember that CA, even if it is trying de-Americanize with their government, had more Trump voters in 2020 than Texas. There are a lot of good people living there that have no voice, and we should think of them during these times. I have to admit I repeatedly heard that statistic on the radio and will be unwilling to provide links to facts for those of you that ask it of me....but I heard it enough (on multiple programs) to believe it.

We should remember that CA, even if it is trying de-Americanize with their government, had more Trump voters in 2020 than Texas. There are a lot of good people living there that have no voice, and we should think of them during these times. I have to admit I repeatedly heard that statistic on the radio and will be unwilling to provide links to facts for those of you that ask it of me....but I heard it enough (on multiple programs) to believe it.
No one who votes for any republican in California is exercising anything other than futility.

i am not aware of any of the US states house of reps. but what i can say i know is, that if one party out numbers the other, someone is always going to get screwed, cuz they just don't have the support the other side has.

and also, the lobbyists, that pay for those votes as well.

Graff, and payoff's are the dream of anyone running for office.

I'm curious to knwo if californians can use the Walker-Colt/Colt/Walker revolver with a conversion change in the cylinder. Hell, the blackpowder round was considered the most powerful handgun in the world until the .357 MAG was invented nearly a century later.

As I understand it, and would LOVE to test, a WC was as powerful as a KY longrifle out to 100 yards.

I am not a scholar on CA laws but I don’t believe that’s accurate. I have two Loaded models here bought this year. They are different, the CA compliant model has a main spring lock to prevent the hammer from being cocked when locked.

Notice the small circular lock on the CA compliant 1911’s MSH.
View attachment 27175
Yep, that’s Springfield’s ILS locking system, similar to the S&W lock on revolvers, both you need a key to lock/unlock system

As someone who lives in California I myself don’t feel that left out there’s only a couple of hand guns I like to have like for one a walther Ppk in a 22 and bob cat in a 22 other than that I have a pretty good assortment of guns I am happy with
I am happy that you are happy Jav, but I don't think I own a firearm that is legal in CA...unless you count my 1981 Remington 870 Wingmaster 28" barrel 12-gauge...but it holds 5 +1...that might tip the scales...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Edit: I do not know the exact date of manufacture, that's when I bought it...I don't care enuf to research the serial number...

i am not aware of any of the US states house of reps. but what i can say i know is, that if one party out numbers the other, someone is always going to get screwed, cuz they just don't have the support the other side has.

and also, the lobbyists, that pay for those votes as well.

Graff, and payoff's are the dream of anyone running for office.
As of 3 January 2022, California is represented by the following elected officials, 42 Democrats and 10 Republicans.

yeah, i had bought an S/A 1911, from my LGS, that was in fact, CA compliant. at the time of purchase, i DID see the label on the case, but thought nothing of it.

that's when i saw that tiny hole in the MSH. but, given that i always replace the plastic MSH's with steel ones, it was a no brainer to just switch it out, and done deal.

maybe it be best for residents to buy as many 1911's as they can, and maybe a bunch of revolvers, before a spike in prices and short supplies of such guns...???

otherwise, the voters just have to get out and vote out, the anti-gun politicians.
I should probably sell it at the end of the month before the micro stamping law goes into effect there.

I should probably sell it at the end of the month before the micro stamping law goes into effect there.
what exactly is this "micro-stamping"..????

I just looked and my Emissary has that hole, I have no concerns in using to lock the hammer as I have no, or ever have children near my guns
even though you (or even i) do not have any little ones around the house, i have read, but cannot prove, that the locks can sometimes be very difficult, in that they can (at times) suddenly lock you out while you are shooting the gun. (maybe from too much vibration???)

i am trying to recall, i think it was on the S&W revolver site, that the issue happens (at times). it was recommended that a person frequently inserts the key and ensures the lock is in the open position.

i just tried the search feature at the other site, i cannot come up with the trigger lock issues.

(and it may have only been a revolver problem)

maybe someone here can help out and explain the issue, if someone here has a few revolvers with that trigger lock.

i just found it easy to swap out the MSH...however, on an Emissary, from that searching i have done, there isn't an exact looking MSH yet available for the Emissary.

what exactly is this "micro-stamping"..????

even though you (or even i) do not have any little ones around the house, i have read, but cannot prove, that the locks can sometimes be very difficult, in that they can (at times) suddenly lock you out while you are shooting the gun. (maybe from too much vibration???)

i am trying to recall, i think it was on the S&W revolver site, that the issue happens (at times). it was recommended that a person frequently inserts the key and ensures the lock is in the open position.

i just tried the search feature at the other site, i cannot come up with the trigger lock issues.

(and it may have only been a revolver problem)

maybe someone here can help out and explain the issue, if someone here has a few revolvers with that trigger lock.

i just found it easy to swap out the MSH...however, on an Emissary, from that searching i have done, there isn't an exact looking MSH yet available for the Emissary.
Unless I misremember, microstamping is the term for a functionally nonexistent technology which will imprint a unique identifier onto the primer of every round fired from a particular gun. Somehow, I also seem to remember that it can be done on the casing as well.

I believe the "technology" can be circumvented by a couple of means, which I won't detail. (Most of you can reason that out for yourself).

The challenge for the proponents of this absurdity should be to prove  how this will impact "gun violence", but as with almost every other anti-gun law we are forced to  prove that it won't. The presumptive position is that it's more "common sense" and only evil people would oppose it.

So, in a true legal proceeding what would microstamping give to offer into evidence? The only fact that could be concluded is that a casing from a particular gun was found at a crime scene. It doesn't offer conclusive evidence that said gun was used in the crime. It doesn't even prove that gun was ever fired at that location.

What is does give the state is a "probable cause" to obtain a search warrant for the owner of that gun. Likely that would be the original purchaser, or last recorded purchaser. Under the pretense of an ongoing criminal investigation, they will then search and seize all firearms owned by that individual. At best, that person will be facing a long, expensive legal battle to reclaim their illegally seized property.

Should that person eventually win their suit, the state will have created a reason to have destroyed their property. That person may find themselves being prosecuted for having "unapproved" firearms as defined under the new laws (why would you expect them to grandfather old guns in?).

In short, microstamping is a Pandora's Box when it comes to second amendment rights. If enacted, it will do far more than simply make it impossible for manufacturers to sell guns. It's a back door way to confiscate all guns without Constitutional protections. It's a tool of the fascists on the left to expedite their goal of the disassembly of our republic and replace it with a Marxist "utopia".

Here's wikipedia's take;

1651935644031.png

Back