testtest

Can the NRA Be Saved, And Should We Care?

I think people with bad intent are using the “remove current leadership" as a tool to crush the NRA by convincing us it's not worth joining until there's a major change but in the mean time the NRA is becoming weaker and will have less of a voice concerning our rights.

More members will save the NRA and those same members have a vote to remove the current bad leadership because without the membership voting for this it will never happen.

Don't be fooled by the plot to convince us the NRA isn't worth it as it will only weaken our rights in the long run.

Anti-gun politicians are still calling the NRA their biggest challenge and there's a reason why, so just think about it.

I personally do feel the current leadership needs to take a hike but I'm not willing to give up on the organization just like I wouldn't give up on our country because of the current leadership.

Just my thoughts!

I think people with bad intent are using the “remove current leadership" as a tool to crush the NRA by convincing us it's not worth joining until there's a major change but in the mean time the NRA is becoming weaker and will have less of a voice concerning our rights.

More members will save the NRA and those same members have a vote to remove the current bad leadership because without the membership voting for this it will never happen.

Don't be fooled by the plot to convince us the NRA isn't worth it as it will only weaken our rights in the long run.

Anti-gun politicians are still calling the NRA their biggest challenge and there's a reason why, so just think about it.

I personally do feel the current leadership needs to take a hike but I'm not willing to give up on the organization just like I wouldn't give up on our country because of the current leadership.

Just my thoughts!

I guarantee you there is movement and propaganda from the left driving the wedge between gun owners and the NRA. I'm not saying they don't have their problems, but you are smooth out of your mind if you don't think this fairly recent phenomenon of people on gun boards railing against the " Useless" NRA isn't propagated by anti-gunners. Play into their hands at your own peril. I mean if you look forward to burying your cherished family heirlooms and customized rifles in cosmoline somewhere out on the back 40 then by all means abandon ship and encourage others to do the same.

I think people with good intent also want Wayne et al gone. They are a distraction from what the NRA can actually do and they've apparently wasted a lot of the NRA's funds on the wrong things. They need to get back to doing what they're supposed to do, not sending their leadership on expensive vacations buying them fancy suits. It was a great organization that's taken a wrong turn. They need to refocus.

I think people with good intent also want Wayne et al gone. They are a distraction from what the NRA can actually do and they've apparently wasted a lot of the NRA's funds on the wrong things. They need to get back to doing what they're supposed to do, not sending their leadership on expensive vacations buying them fancy suits. It was a great organization that's taken a wrong turn. They need to refocus.
I agree @benstt. As a lifetime member, I've read and heard from active and former board members describing the troubles the NRA has with upper board members that are in firm control of NRA monies and direction. That and the several resignations convinced me that where there's smoke there's fire. I want the NRA to succeed, as the more organizations that support the 2A the better. I hope the Judge mentioned in the article will have some success in steering the organization to better times.

NRA, as far as I’ve ever known, was the largest of the 2A organizations...
What are the 2nd and 3rd biggest?
(I’m not leaving NRA but am looking to join at least one more; must have a strong lobbying focus though). Thanks
I don't know what organizations are 2nd and 3rd TidalWave, But I've heard good things about the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) mentioned in the article, Save the 2nd (savethe2a.org), that I believe forum member @ChanceMcCall is involved in, and Gun Owners of America (GOA), which I'm also a yearly member of. I'm searching for a Pennsylvania State organization (my State residence), to also join. The more I join, the better, as long as they are legit and have had some success.

I totally agree with your statement!

There's way too much fat at the top.

We ALL want Wayne gone. There is in fact a trust which has grown into the millions and millions of dollars which will not be put into the NRA treasury until WLP is gone. There is no doubt there are internal problems at the NRA. Problems which must be solved if gun owners are to have any hope of there being an organization in existence with the lobbying power and clout to stop anti-gun politicians.

Last edited:
I personally will not renew my NRA membership as long as WLP is involved with the organization. My position is not due to any hatred of WLP, but is the result of my significant doubt that the NRA is representing the interests and desires of its members. I don't personally know any gun owners who think WLP should be in charge, and believe that many NRA members want WLP removed from power. If the NRA leadership cannot effect change within their own organization, then I strongly doubt that the NRA can effectively fight for the interests of gun owners on any level.

WLP has done irreparable harm to the NRA's reputation. If WLP honestly cared about gun rights, he would resign and let the NRA get back in the fight with the support of it's members. If the heads of the NRA do not accept the reality that WLP has poisoned the organization, then they are simply too incompetent to effectively represent members in the battle for gun rights.

It would burn the lefts azz'es real bad if Trump took a leadership role at the NRA....🤣👍

Imagine the amount of membership he could bring in....🤔
I very much doubt bring in much, if any, new support.

His hard-core supporters are already NRA members, I'd wager.

In fact, he'd likely drive away support.

I'd tell them to get f***ed in a heartbeat...faster than I do now.

And I guarantee you, I’m not the only one.

I rest my case....🤣👍
That's the thing—I’m not on the left.

I’m as staunch a supporter of the 2A as they come, and I know something you don't—and that is:

Trump is not now, nor ever has been, a supporter of the 2A; putting him as the face of the NRA would be a mockery of every positive thing the organization has ever done.

But then again, I’m not a bootlicker, either.

That's the thing—I’m not on the left.

I’m as staunch a supporter of the 2A as they come, and I know something you don't—and that is:

Trump is not now, nor ever has been, a supporter of the 2A; putting him as the face of the NRA would be a mockery of every positive thing the organization has ever done.

But then again, I’m not a bootlicker, either.
Your getting a little punchy for no reason that I can see here so I'll refrain from the back and forth so I don't get cancelled.

You have a right to your opinion and I'll respect that, but coming off aggressively to a post that wasn't directed at anyone in particular seems a bit of an overreaction.

Last edited:
I very much doubt bring in much, if any, new support.

His hard-core supporters are already NRA members, I'd wager.

In fact, he'd likely drive away support.

I'd tell them to get f***ed in a heartbeat...faster than I do now.

And I guarantee you, I’m not the only one.
I tend to agree @HansGruber. A few years back, Trump wasn't even invited to their annual meeting where they invited pro 2A candidates prior to an election (probably due to the fact that in his book "The Art of the Deal", he agreed with the Clinton AR15 gun ban, and the NRA thought he still felt this way). I for one was also disappointed with his opinion that Bump-Stocks should be banned (which the NRA caved on, in my opinion), and his initial desire that Suppressors be banned as well. I suppose peoples views can change, but I'd like to see someone that's had a strong and longer track record supporting 2A rights.

I tend to agree @HansGruber. A few years back, Trump wasn't even invited to their annual meeting where they invited pro 2A candidates prior to an election (probably due to the fact that in his book "The Art of the Deal", he agreed with the Clinton AR15 gun ban, and the NRA thought he still felt this way). I for one was also disappointed with his opinion that Bump-Stocks should be banned (which the NRA caved on, in my opinion), and his initial desire that Suppressors be banned as well. I suppose peoples views can change, but I'd like to see someone that's had a strong and longer track record supporting 2A rights.
Trump as a leader of the NRA was meant to be tongue in cheek humor and I feel the NRA needs a true advocate of 2A in charge to grow to it's once respected power.

Last edited:
Back