testtest

Can You Eat Out-of-Date Canned Food?

This is what I couldn’t think of about bulging can food.

A bulging or swelling can indicates that the contents have been infected with Clostridium botulinum, a bacteria that is responsible for botulism. Bulging or swelling cans should never be opened, sniffed or consumed. Commercial and homemade products are all at risk for botulism, as are jarred products.

You know what you don’t want to eat out of date.......greek yogurt. Just a day out and it messed me up. Lets just say. Jamie Lee Curtis had nothing on me

I'm not what is called a "prepper" these days, but in addition to paying attention to expiration dates on canned goods and dry foodstuffs, have vacuum sealed meats to freeze for quite awhile now, and I have recently begun to vacuum seal items such as beans, pasta, cereal (ie., Cherrios), white rice, Jiffy cornbread mix, packets of instant oatmeal, and today will be doing some powdered milk. Also have started using mylar bags with O2 absorber packets. You can seal them with an iron, or one of those flat iron hair things the ladies use.

Was keeping the sealed items in plastic totes, but my brother turned me on to the Vittle Vault. Marketed as containers for dry dog food, but can also be used people food. Gamma seal screw-on lids (air-tight, watertight, insect proof). The model I bought is rated for 60lb of dry food. Bought off of Amazon for roughly $24 each +tax, with free s/h.

20201129_123858.jpg

Or Twinkies :)
Ok, true story, when I worked at my sheriff dept, we had an inmate commissary which we also could buy items. The clerk was having a sale on snacks, so me and a coworker bought some twinkies, we both ate them tasted ok, wasn’t 5 minutes later we both had to run to the restrooms with montazumas revenge. We later found out the snack cakes were over 4 years old....haven't had twinkies ever since.

Ok, true story, when I worked at my sheriff dept, we had an inmate commissary which we also could buy items. The clerk was having a sale on snacks, so me and a coworker bought some twinkies, we both ate them tasted ok, wasn’t 5 minutes later we both had to run to the restrooms with montazumas revenge. We later found out the snack cakes were over 4 years old....haven't had twinkies ever since.
So you’re admitting to having Twinkie 💩
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just ate a 2002 pint of home canned Asparagus for supper last night! No problem if the jar is still sealed and the lid not bulged, it don't tink when you push/tap on it... Wife has been canning home foods for over 60 years and has never had a problem as long as you use common sense. I have also put up salmon and halibut in tin cans, still have some that are about 30 years old and still good...

Back