testtest

Can You Survive an "Unwinnable" Gunfight?

I spent several years on my church security team. I was lucky in that the guy who's in charge of the team was a retired CSPD officer whose last call was the new life church shooting. The shooting happened on his last official day at work and he was a member of the SWAT team that responded.

As a result he took training very seriously.

And the guys that they hired to train the security team trained us on off hand shooting, one-handed gun manipulations, offhand reloads and the like.

I'm not going to lie I don't practice it nearly as often as I should but at least I'm familiar with the concept.

That's a lot of wasted words... if you aren't at least USPSA B class, you should focus on learning how to shoot than any of the next to useless "skills" mentioned in that article.

I've heard of folks who drew and shot an assailant who had the drop on them before they reacted. Not something I would be willing to want to try.
No doubt this scenario has probably been faced by a number of victims. Simply a guess, but think the outcome would be almost un-survivable unless the victim was extremely lucky. There are too many variables that could come into play.

So, the old "Hold up my left hand in a placating gesture while I tell them I'm giving them my wallet when in reality my right hand is drawing my gun instead of my wallet" trick doesn't work? :unsure:

I'll tell you one thing, I pray I am never staring into that bottomless pit of a gun barrel with nothing in my hands and nowhere to run/hide.

4 years in Ranger batt during a very relaxed ROE period. What a dumbass question to ask as if combat experience has anything to do with this.

No one outside of an actual CAG Assaulter has been in enough gunfights to make any meaningful statement on competition vs real life. Oh wait... Matt Pranka is one of those dudes and has specifically said you're pretty much braindead based on your original response to me.

4 years in Ranger batt during a very relaxed ROE period. What a dumbass question to ask as if combat experience has anything to do with this.

No one outside of an actual CAG Assaulter has been in enough gunfights to make any meaningful statement on competition vs real life. Oh wait... Matt Pranka is one of those dudes and has specifically said you're pretty much braindead based on your original response to me.
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay, however brief it may be

That's a lot of wasted words... if you aren't at least USPSA B class, you should focus on learning how to shoot than any of the next to useless "skills" mentioned in that article.
So training to shoot or reload one handed or with your support hand is a waste of time ?

USPSA B class. 🤣🤣🤣

WTF does competitive shooting have to do with reality ? In reality the guy you are trying to hit is moving. And shooting back.

And combat experience doesn’t really have much in common with USPSA. Or civilian carry in urban environments really for that matter.

I've never been in a gun fight. I've been in the wrong place at the wrong time and been caught in the middle of somebody else's gunfight four times.
All four times I was able to take cover and get the hell out of Dodge.

In the first one my stupid, drunk roommate's stupid, drunk girlfriend murdered our refrigerator. Then she put one through the living room wall right over my head. Then she shot out the kitchen window and apparently the bullet hit our neighbor's house and went through one of their windows.

By that time I had already made it out to front door and gone to the neighbor's to call the police.

Every time I've run into a crackhead on the street they were more looking for an easy score than a fight. When they realized that I was armed and willing to fight they backed down.

the history geek in me is compelled to tell you all that John E. Tyler was actually a part owner in the Oriental Saloon and he did get kicked out by his ear but it was the bartender that did it not Wyatt Earp and the suspected reason behind it was that Tyler was skimming part of The house's take on his Faro game

So training to shoot or reload one handed or with your support hand is a waste of time ?

USPSA B class. 🤣🤣🤣

WTF does competitive shooting have to do with reality ? In reality the guy you are trying to hit is moving. And shooting back.

And combat experience doesn’t really have much in common with USPSA. Or civilian carry in urban environments really for that matter.
Yes, the ultimate test of how well you can shoot is unapplicable to *checks notes* shooting.

Yes, the ultimate test of how well you can shoot is unapplicable to *checks notes* shooting.
My 85 year old father has dementia. He’s still a dead eye shot. Doesn’t mean he stands a chance in a gunfight. How well you can shoot is pointless beyond a certain point. If you can hit a fist sized target at 25 yards I’d say any improvement you do on that is irrelevant in a self defense situation. When you can nail your bullseyes while people are shooting at you and moving, then it’s relevant. Other than that it’s just some guys spending their time working on the wrong ****.

Back