testtest

Canadian Money

First knowing that @belladonna is from Canada I sent this post to her to get her perspective then decided to ask the forum………

Before I ask my question a little history……
Back in 2006 after purchasing my last touring motorcycle a 2005 Honda Goldwing I took a road trip with two friends on our motorcycles to and around the Gaspe Peninsula,
IMG_0161.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0156.jpeg

It was a great 8 day ride…….
Now to my question………
During the trip I picked up some Canadian money, remember I said 2006……
Well I still have some
IMG_4954.jpeg
IMG_4953.jpeg

I have (2) 20’s and (1) 5 note and as you can see in near mint condition.
As I get ready to move south in my newly acquired 5th wheel RV I’m getting rid of basically everything I own as I plan to go to full time RV living in retirement so I took my Canadian money to my bank to exchange for US currency and was told due to the age of the money “18 years” they could not exchange it as the pictures on the notes do not match what is money now being used???
My question is when new money is made in Canada with different pictures does old money become obsolete? Do I now have worthless Canadian currency????
If not how do I exchange it???

First knowing that @belladonna is from Canada I sent this post to her to get her perspective then decided to ask the forum………

Before I ask my question a little history……
Back in 2006 after purchasing my last touring motorcycle a 2005 Honda Goldwing I took a road trip with two friends on our motorcycles to and around the Gaspe Peninsula,View attachment 50513View attachment 50514View attachment 50515
It was a great 8 day ride…….
Now to my question………
During the trip I picked up some Canadian money, remember I said 2006……
Well I still have someView attachment 50516View attachment 50517
I have (2) 20’s and (1) 5 note and as you can see in near mint condition.
As I get ready to move south in my newly acquired 5th wheel RV I’m getting rid of basically everything I own as I plan to go to full time RV living in retirement so I took my Canadian money to my bank to exchange for US currency and was told due to the age of the money “18 years” they could not exchange it as the pictures on the notes do not match what is money now being used???
My question is when new money is made in Canada with different pictures does old money become obsolete? Do I now have worthless Canadian currency????
If not how do I exchange it???
Sounds like a road trip to me.....
Exchange rate not favorable to U.S.A. right now.

@SimonRL ‘s old girlfriend in WW1 😉

In the enchanting dance of life, I found myself entangled in a love affair with a worldly older woman. Her eyes held the wisdom of countless stories, and her laughter echoed through the chapters of time. Together, we navigated the intricacies of love, bridging the gap between our distinct life experiences. Her touch was a tapestry of experiences, each caress whispering tales of places explored and lessons learned. In her, I discovered a muse who painted my world with hues of maturity and passion, making every moment a journey into the depths of connection and understanding.

In the enchanting dance of life, I found myself entangled in a love affair with a worldly older woman. Her eyes held the wisdom of countless stories, and her laughter echoed through the chapters of time. Together, we navigated the intricacies of love, bridging the gap between our distinct life experiences. Her touch was a tapestry of experiences, each caress whispering tales of places explored and lessons learned. In her, I discovered a muse who painted my world with hues of maturity and passion, making every moment a journey into the depths of connection and understanding.
I think you and she really had a thing after reading this. Damn, man!

That is straight out of a romance novel innit ?

Back