testtest

Canik Handguns

Hello, new to the forums. Ive been shooting a Springfield Armory XDS .45 and am in the market for a 9mm. Not necessarily looking for another sub compact, but I came across the Canik handguns at our local gun store. From what they have told me and the reviews I’ve seen, seems like a pretty quality gun, especially for their price point. Any thoughts on this brand?

Hello, new to the forums. Ive been shooting a Springfield Armory XDS .45 and am in the market for a 9mm. Not necessarily looking for another sub compact, but I came across the Canik handguns at our local gun store. From what they have told me and the reviews I’ve seen, seems like a pretty quality gun, especially for their price point. Any thoughts on this brand?
Welcome to the forum from Kentucky.
There are members on the forum that have Canik firearms. @Old_Me Talks about them all the time.

I'm in the market for a new range 9, and I'm waffling over Mete and the SFX Rival. They both hold 15+, have fantastic reviews from folks I trust... Both in stock locally at several shops. I'm leaning Mete for the length and site radius...I might be able to contribute here shortly, but this is a tough one for me. Trigger felt better on the Rival...I've already been down the road with Sig. I know nothing about Canik sub compacts though...AND I have to get over Canik's country of origin.

The Caniks are excellent value for the dollar. Quality build and come with alot right out of the box. That said, they do not leave alot of room for customization, if that is your thing. But if you are looking for something very good out of the box and not too expensive, you can't go wrong.

The Caniks are excellent value for the dollar. Quality build and come with alot right out of the box. That said, they do not leave alot of room for customization, if that is your thing. But if you are looking for something very good out of the box and not too expensive, you can't go wrong.
I will agree to disagree.

I’ve had more Caniks fail in my presence for drills than any other main name brand gun.
Ranks with a Hi Point

i had the Canik, TP9SF, but after a while, i got rid of it. i do not regret getting rid of it, i wanted something else. it was a FANTASIC shooter right out of the box. on the Canik message boards, way too many right away want to replace the trigger....and i have to ask...."WHY"....

many there say for a better trigger......gimme a break. it's GREAT the way it is.

a few months ago, after waiting for some time (much like some of us are waiting for the new S/A 35 like me??) the new Canik METE SFx became mine. it was loaded with things in the case, like a mini tool kit, magazine well, 2 magazines, 1-20 rnds, 1- 18 rnds, a trigger lock, cleaning brush, and rod, and IWB/OWB holster, extra back straps, and a "pin pushing tool"...that "mini gun" in the case, is a tool kit, filled with screws, and screw driver bits.

all for under $500 at MY LGS......
1648116905748.png

1648116924146.png

1648116942118.png

ANY Canik you might want to buy, is a GREAT gun...however, be forewarned that they are shipped here from Turkey and as such some items like magazines are still NOT available. that can be the downfall of the brand. but if you get one, KEEP IT AS IS, make NO changes to the gun, you will LOVE the trigger..>!!!!!

Welcome to the forum from Kentucky.
There are members on the forum that have Canik firearms. @Old_Me Talks about them all the time.
oh c'mon now........

NOT ALL THE TIME......!!!!!!!

just days that end in "Y"............

and only IF anyone asks about them...!!!!!!.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I will agree to disagree.

I’ve had more Caniks fail in my presence for drills than any other main name brand gun.
Ranks with a Hi Point
although i do not know your particular situation, my problem with my first Canik, the TP 9 SF, was the recoil spring. they are set up for NATO loads, not ordinary 9mm ammo. as such, with no NATO ammo to be found (during the pandemic) all i had was 115, and 124 grain ammo, and the good stuff like S&B.

i had emailed the impoorter, and they sent me a "lighter" recoil spring, and that Canik shot like no tomorrow.

this new METE SFx that i have, handles my normal ammo 115/124 grain like it's a hungry beast......

absolutely NO FTF, or FTE......just a hunka-hunka burning desire to eat, eat, eat.......!!!!!!

My ( admittedly limited) experience with Turkish shotguns prevents me from spending any of my own money on a Canik.
A friend of mine just bought a Turkish made shotgun and I was not impressed with the build. It almost looked cheap and the lockup did not look as beefy as an 870. He is going to shoot it soon, so I will see for my self if it is worth it.

A friend of mine just bought a Turkish made shotgun and I was not impressed with the build. It almost looked cheap and the lockup did not look as beefy as an 870. He is going to shoot it soon, so I will see for my self if it is worth it.
They are cheap. The Hi-Point analogy is fairly accurate. They’ll fire, but for how long and under what conditions. I’m talking about the shotguns. I have no experience with the pistols and no desire to.

There are a wide variety of Turkish gun makers, I am sure there are bad along with the good. Comparing a completely different shotgun maker with Canik is not an accurate comparison. Canik makes 9mm only and I would guess most who own them would agree they do them well.

There are a wide variety of Turkish gun makers, I am sure there are bad along with the good. Comparing a completely different shotgun maker with Canik is not an accurate comparison. Canik makes 9mm only and I would guess most who own them would agree they do them well.
I didn’t compare them. I have never even seen a Canik in person so how could I compare them ?

Back