testtest

Canik Handguns

My buddy is big on IWI. Shot his Masada and it was... ok. Nothing to write home about but it wasn't bad. Jericho looks like a much nicer gun but haven't had a chance to shoot it.
I had a Masada for awhile and your comment really summed it up. It was okay. It’s very reasonably priced and does not look inexpensive, it has a nice almost metallic grey surface. It shoots fairly well. But it’s just not very exciting. It’s ok. I sold mine

The poor OP didnt realize my affinity for Turkish firearms.
No disrespect, but my vote goes to a SA pistol over .. those other things
I would not trade my XD-M Elite for a Canik. There is something about the surface coating I do not care for. I can say one thing about them, that are good shooters. My friend was having trouble grouping with his, so I asked if I could give it at try. I had no trouble putting together a nice shot group. I handed it back to him and said everything seems fine to me, now let us take a look at your grip.

Did either of you experience any failures with it ?
No, it ran well. I had the OSP version and put a red dot on it and it shot well without any problems. I bought mine while my Archon Type B was off being milled. The Masada had been compared favorably to the Archon. Once my Archon came back the Masada got assigned to the press box. I’ve since looked at the Steyr L9 A2 but I suspect it might be the same as the Masada.

No, it ran well. I had the OSP version and put a red dot on it and it shot well without any problems. I bought mine while my Archon Type B was off being milled. The Masada had been compared favorably to the Archon. Once my Archon came back the Masada got assigned to the press box. I’ve since looked at the Steyr L9 A2 but I suspect it might be the same as the Masada.
Steyr rifles are awesome.
Never been sold on their pistols

Picked up a new SFX Rival Dark Side this morning...best trigger on a stock pistol I've ever pulled (keep in mind I have not purchased any firearm over $2100...thus the competition Staccatos and Blackhawks (and several others) may be better...but damn this trigger is nice...) Not a bad pickup for $667 + tax...Waffled a few days between this and a VP9 that caught me eye...but this trigger got me.

Picked up a new SFX Rival Dark Side this morning...best trigger on a stock pistol I've ever pulled (keep in mind I have not purchased any firearm over $2100...thus the competition Staccatos and Blackhawks (and several others) may be better...but damn this trigger is nice...) Not a bad pickup for $667 + tax...Waffled a few days between this and a VP9 that caught me eye...but this trigger got me.
and to this day, i don;t know why some replace that trigger.

i like mine just fine.

METE SFx

Sure thing...the Mete has a good trigger, but the Rival they made it a pound or two lighter. The reset is phenomenal. I might miss the xtra .2" barrel length though...
the Rival came out right after the METE. as a result, i just did not want to buy another Canik. as it is now, trying to find factory mags is a bigt fat ZILCH.

i use the factory magwell, since it came with the gun. if i were to remove it, then i could "possibly" use another Canik magazine.

but i ask myself, "why should i remove something i wanted just for something else to work"?

it's like removing the brakes on my car, cuz i like to drive dangerously.....ain't gonna do it.

Hello, new to the forums. Ive been shooting a Springfield Armory XDS .45 and am in the market for a 9mm. Not necessarily looking for another sub compact, but I came across the Canik handguns at our local gun store. From what they have told me and the reviews I’ve seen, seems like a pretty quality gun, especially for their price point. Any thoughts on this brand?
Love my TP9SF Elite.
You just can't beat the pricing and it's just a great shooter. Racks easy, once broken in a bit, it shoots even smoother.

i watch videos from known you tube people that do product sampling. they get thier guns as a lending then give back, from many times, Bud's Gun Shop, or another place. i think Hikok45? is one of many who's opinions i trust, as well as Scooth00. then they return the guns, i am not certain if the manufacturer "donates" the guns for reviews, but i do know that many times, Bud's Gun Shop does, so there should be no "i'll give you a good review, cuz you gave me your gun to review" pat on the back.

they speak very well of the IWI brand.

i think that to me, a gun built very well, shoots very well, and has a moderate price tag, is worth a look at. one can always trade it in, or sell it later.
Actually my S&W 610 was a T&E gun, it was sent back to S&W after the evaluation, was labeled a refurb by the factory and sold to me by my LGS as new with the full factory warranty, my shop gave me all the details and S&W sent me an email stating what my revolver was, but wouldn’t disclose who did the evaluation, quite happy with it.

the Rival came out right after the METE. as a result, i just did not want to buy another Canik. as it is now, trying to find factory mags is a bigt fat ZILCH.

i use the factory magwell, since it came with the gun. if i were to remove it, then i could "possibly" use another Canik magazine.

but i ask myself, "why should i remove something i wanted just for something else to work"?

it's like removing the brakes on my car, cuz i like to drive dangerously.....ain't gonna do it.
Finding mags for them has me puzzled as well. After doing a little research on dots, I decided to try out the Mecanik -02 (made by, or for, Canik) due to a couple features. In stock no-where, just like magazines. I signed up on Canikusa.com for a notice of availability e-mail blast. Got an e-mail in less than a week that the dot was in stock. Ordered, shipped, installed all pretty quick. Also signed up for a notification on mag availability, I'll post if they come up anytime soon.

Finding mags for them has me puzzled as well. After doing a little research on dots, I decided to try out the Mecanik -02 (made by, or for, Canik) due to a couple features. In stock no-where, just like magazines. I signed up on Canikusa.com for a notice of availability e-mail blast. Got an e-mail in less than a week that the dot was in stock. Ordered, shipped, installed all pretty quick. Also signed up for a notification on mag availability, I'll post if they come up anytime soon.
well since i still cannot get Canik magazines, the #1 reason why i dumped my first Canik, i have decided to make my current METE SFx, the "test dummy" for my reloaded 9mm ammo.

the Canik is not very expensive, so if it were to "blow up", so be it, no big loss.

i was thinking of using my Glock G-17, but that was my 1st gun i ever bought, and it is my back up home defense weapon, and frankly, i can get more parts for a Glock, than God has liver pills.

kinda disappointing that Canik being such a very good gun, out of the box, that spare parts are still just as non-existent then before the pandemic..!!

i still would recommend a Canik, for anyone that wants a very good low priced gun, but with the warning that spare magazines just ain't gonna happen.

Actually my S&W 610 was a T&E gun, it was sent back to S&W after the evaluation, was labeled a refurb by the factory and sold to me by my LGS as new with the full factory warranty, my shop gave me all the details and S&W sent me an email stating what my revolver was, but wouldn’t disclose who did the evaluation, quite happy with it.
that was good of them to give a full factory warranty, on a "refurbed" gun.

i wish that when i was buying "refurbed" desktop pc's, they too would have come with such a warranty, but they only came with a 60 or 90 day warranty.

they all worked, and they were mostly my "experimental pc's" i was buying to learn how to take apart and rebuild, or "hot rod" them.

To each their own nmedge...I prefer shooting the Rival over my Ronin 9 days out of 10....(so far, until the next latest and greatest comes along in a month or 2).

I've never owned a polymer Canik handgun, but I own two of their all-metal CZ-75 clones (imported by Tri-Star). The metal guns from Canik have a much nicer finish and tighter fittings than I would ever expect from a gun costing about half of what a CZ costs (this was in 2019 dollars, I don't know what Canik CZ clones go for these days). My Caniks have run every ammo I've ever fed them, and my L120 is still one of my favorite range guns.

The only reason that I haven't purchased one of Canik's polymer guns is that my Springfield XDM-Elites already fill that role and I just don't have a need for another full-size polymer semi-auto pistol. If I were in the market for a polymer semi-auto, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Canik.

Back